Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exclusive manufactur lies.........

Hotwheels

Went too Stuttgart and told that virtually anything is possible with exclusive manufactur request including Miami blue stitching on Miami blue c4gts cab, only to be told by Porsche uk via a/d that it is not possible??? Anyone know why not? :x

My take on it ...
Suppose it is a bit like the theory that I can walk in off the street into an OPC and order up a GT3 or GT2RS. Yes, it is possible, just not in the UK. So with the Exclusive gear, yes it is technically available, just not in the UK. :dont know:

I went through this when ordering a 991 recently. The exclusive options were totally crap in terms of how you can personalise your car and yes I can confirm there is no type of blue stitching available. We asked the question and the computer say no :hand:

Also £5000 to have door cards in alacantara and £3000 to have steering wheel stitching in matching colour - our computer say no to OPC on that occasion :grin:

ragpicker said:
However if you were a premier league footballer or Simon Cowell you can bet the computer would say yes. They'd have a minion sort it direct with Stuttgart for you.

Thats slightly different. On certain VIP sales like Simon Cowell just as an example they'd just give him whatever he wants. He would't even have to pay for the car and yes it would be tailored like a saville row suit. :thumbs:

I have heard of brand new cars going straight to the retrimmers to get the personal touch because they can't order it from the factory.
So is it possible to order a RHD car directly from Germany and get what you want . :thumb:

I've heard too the answer is to order direct from Germany a RHD car.

Desert Dragon said:
ragpicker said:
However if you were a premier league footballer or Simon Cowell you can bet the computer would say yes. They'd have a minion sort it direct with Stuttgart for you.

Thats slightly different. On certain VIP sales like Simon Cowell just as an example they'd just give him whatever he wants. He would't even have to pay for the car and yes it would be tailored like a saville row suit. :thumbs:

But with a very high waistband....

Looked into that, hefty price hike to buy from Europe so that's not an option..... seems like retrim is only option, when they just need to use a different colour thread!!!

Hotwheels said:
Looked into that, hefty price hike to buy from Europe so that's not an option..... seems like retrim is only option, when they just need to use a different colour thread!!!

not sure I would be settling for a no from the OPC , have you tried explaining to them that 911 owners don't accept no as an option lol . I would also phone around OPCs and see if any other wants your business enough to make what you want happen I know some of them seem to have better relationships with the factory than others. which is why some get 991.2 GT3RS Allocation and others don't . I PERSONALLY wouldn't be accepting no until I had exhausted all angles .including an email to Porsche GB asking for an explanation why you can't get in the UK what they can get in Germany , I WOULD BE SUGGESTING TO THEM that it would make a good story in the media.
failing that you could try having a tantrum , sulking and lastly taking them round the back for some fisticuffs :grin: :grin:

Gonna throw a sulky tantrum, and then tell them to poke their gts and sew up the hole with coloured thread!!!(however the bloody 911 gts is just too good for me to do that and they know it )

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back