Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 stance??

itsdashy said:
Am I the only one who thinks Singers are rediculous on top of abject lunacy. To spend twice as much on an old restored 964 rather than the Ruf full carbon tubbed yellow bird?? Even then Ruf have no race record to know of...

Come on! And if provenance is needed who the hell can remember any Catherine Wheel song? Suppose it's great if you want to launder a couple of mill or so.

No question it's expensive... but if you're busy, don't have time to restore a car but want something reliable that has value and class then the likes of Singer and Alfaholics offer a service... 2.5 year waiting list!

Having an iconic car fully sorted without that annoying trip to and from your Indie...

Ever since I laid my eyes and smelt the perfection of one at #FOS I've started dreaming like I used to as a kid!

A RUF is all well and good but Singer offers something else.. It's a whole new genre of modern Classic motoring but with added craftsmanship and attention to detail. Not saying RUF is better or worse but Singer has nailed it!

BK911 said:
A RUF is all well and good but Singer offers something else..

Singer have nailed it with the looks, RUF with their speed :chin:

Are you thinking what I am thinking :?:

They can call it a Ringer :grin:

:thumb: :grin:

Ive always lowered my hobby cars, there is a certain ride height that all just look spot on. Admittedly this has compromised clearance but if you get the correct suspension it doesn't make too much of a difference regards the ride.
The KW coilovers I have on my RS4 are far better than the original suspension and its a good 50mm lower.

To me for looks its all about the arch to tyre gap, ideally they should effectively meet so no real gap but it depends on the shape of the arch as well. Im on M030 suspension and Id say another 15mm would be spot on.

Ideally wheels needs to fill the arch as well, I despise the e-type jag look with inset wheels. Aesthetically it looks all wrong to me but its all personal.

As for the singer vs Ruf debate its a hard one. Ruf like there turbos, Singer details and styling are lovely. Id be hard pushed to walk away from the new Ruf CTR though with its 700bhp and carbon chassis, its the engineering that's appeals to me however that engine in the new singer sounds amazing.

Now this look's lovely .

Attachments

• dsc4337_2000x1239_746.jpg
    dsc4337_2000x1239_746.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 3,392
HSC911 said:
BK911 said:

:floor: :floor:

Attachments

• img_4889_187.jpg
    img_4889_187.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 3,361
  • img_4890_432.jpg
    img_4890_432.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,361
  • img_4893_193.png
    img_4893_193.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 3,361
  • img_4892_955.png
    img_4892_955.png
    509.7 KB · Views: 3,361
HSC911 said:
BK911 said:

What about Rufinger :dont know:
It might not be one for the ladies though :?:

Great thread, your right you don't see many modded 996 the ones I have seen are quite subtle, lowered not slammed and with turbo fronts bumpers. I saw a nice one with the upgraded LED headlights. I think due to the softer lines of the 996 over the 997 they lend themselves nicely to more retro modding like ducktails and interestingly whereas a 997 looks awful on small rims the 996 looks pretty good on 17" fuch again sort of leading back to the air-cooled retro look :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back