Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS ARB upgrade to C2 NB

pietrzj

Hi,

Has anyone upgraded their ARBs to RS on a non RS car? On the rear I suspected that as the bar goes under the wishbone, the RS drop link though longer than the C2 would not be long enough to pick up the mount on the shock, so I confirmed this by buying a cheap RS drop link and offering it up.

Does that mean its a more complex job that requires a upgrade to the shock too?

Has anybody tried this upgrade with the standard shock?

I am thinking of going M030 with the RS ARBs but I wanted to do it in stages (funding).

Can't stretch to PS10 but the Jackal looks like even these shocks needed an extension bracket to pick up the drop link.

Any advice welcome

JanP

P.s if anyone knows the part number for the poly bush upgrade for the rear lower control arm that would be a bonus. A lot of the kits (Design911, Superflex, powerflex, elephant etc) out there, only seem to show 2 of the control arms along with the A wishbone, rather than the 3 control arms on the 993 (though I admit they are not all called control arms in the PET drawing). But I do want to change the bushes in all the "wishbones/arms" on the rear now that I have done the front of the car.

Hi
I have fitted H&R bars to my C4, they are 26mm front and 24mm rear, which I believe is thicker than the RS ones, the transformation is brilliant, I track my car so really feel the difference. I have also used the original drop links.
Regarding poly bushes, if you go on the power flex website all the bushes are there with sizing and prices.
Regards Chris

M030 arbs and PSS10s with std rear RS drop links. I think Jackal needed the extensions with the KWs.
It's all part of the complete RS suspension setup. The arbs on their own are not neccessary or recommended.
Shocks first, then ride height. If you go to lower than RS+10 then front uprights needed (nla) 9M are making some. RS bushes, RS top mounts. engine mounts, subframe bushes. Then the arbs. Interior strip, sunroof delete, RS rear screen. It just goes on and on and has got more and more expensive. Still got a 3.6 so I can't claim the t-shirt.
Best advice I can give is go to CoG and tell Chris or Pete what you use the car for. Decent shocks, all suspension bushes in good order and well set up can transform the car.
Changeing to a full RS suspension feels great on smooth surfaces but on our crappy roads, nvh increased and comfort reduced. It's much more involved to drive which means it's not very relaxing when pressing on. I love it but sometimes I wish I'd just left it alone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back