Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

should one side of the exhaust be lower than the other

lechboy

As in the title i was in my car at the weekend and noticed the driver side exhaust where it curves and connects to the cat is an inch or so lower than the passenger side

this is the part of the exhaust which is closest to the ground

thanks in advance any thoughts much appriciated

I would make sure that both tips are mounted correctly as a first check.

MC

why would that make any difference these pipes bolt to the engine i think ??

if i removed the back boxes altogether i wouldn't be altering the pipes

they go from cat to engine i think

Sorry, my bad, I misread your post. If you mean the manifolds, where it goes from the cylinder head to the catalyst with three pipes on each side then might be worth checking the engine mounts to see if one is sagging. I hadn't noticed one side being lower than the other on my car.

MC

You're engine mounts are probably goosed. Rev the engine and see them swap positions.

would be surprised only just come out of ninemiester had clutch, ims, rms,
brake pipes etc only done 500 mile but will check

So no new engine mounts then?

Bet they didn't address the knackered gearbox mount whilst the box was off either.

also gave it a good hard drive on Sunday after noticing the pipes and didn't feel any different to drive

lechboy said:
also gave it a good hard drive on Sunday after noticing the pipes and didn't feel any different to drive

It would be what you're used to though. That doesn't make it right, so to speak.

Worth a check.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back