Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart springs

If going for these what other low hanging fruit can be done at the same time or is worth checking/replacing?

Arabduke said:
If going for these what other low hanging fruit can be done at the same time or is worth checking/replacing?

I Would be looking at doing spacers and braded brake lines while I was in the arch area. :thumb: :thumb:

Morning chaps, i may be interested in joining this buy.

Just to confirm, these would be ok on a Gen 2 C2S and would lower by 15mm all round?

cheers :thumbs:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Thats a good price Finn :thumb:
I agree with RXP the teacarts are the optimum ride hight etc they are not just rebranded eibach springs they are made by eibach but to a different spec for techart.
I had them on my gen1 and found them the perfect ride height not too slammed and the ride was virtually stock with the advantage of flatter cornering .

and most importantly unlike some other brands they did not continue to drop over time and use.

:thumb:

Phil what are these like with speed bumps, mine are stock and I do love boba stance but not at the expense of a much firmer ride.

Cheers for any advice as always.[/quo

When I fitted them pre my aerokit it rarely scraped and if it did it was only either the tip air outlet plastic lip in the centre under the car or the two plastic lips infront of the front wheels. all of which caused minor scrapping. and might have needed replacing at some point if really worn or your ocd kicked in lol. the bits are under £20 each to replace and in reality maybe need to be done every couple of years.
after fitting the aero the lower front lip would scrape as well as the other 3 bits not as often and not on speed bumps but on slopes in carparks etc . this never happened with the stock front bumper fitted when it was first lowered. but the front lip ids only £185 and again might need replacing every couple of years . bearing in mind I was doing 15k pa in mine and it lasted 18/20 months before getting the front lip replaced.
For me the small cost to replace these few plastic parts was well worth it to get the stance and improved handling right on the car. :thumb:
the nice thing with the techarts is they only drop 15mm on pasm cars and 20mm on non pasm cars which considering some others drop 25/30mm is the reason I preferred them as its a nice balance of lower but not too low.
I wanted to still have a small gap between the tyre and the arch lip so it looked less slammed and just nicely lowered.

The actual ride with techarts was almost the same as stock so not firmer in a negative way at all

heres a few pics of how mine looked with TECHARTS :thumb:

BAD and ASS.

No further comments your honour.

Thefinn said:
no worries RXP just keep us update on what you decide as I hope we get a few more takers to make up the numbers anyway.

with regards to the eibach springs, I had them fitted on my last 997 and they felt fine but the back of the car didn't drop enough for my liking so want to go Techart this time as the stance looks more even on both arches

Hey Finn,

I have decided.. finally.

I am 911% going to go with the Ohlins. (I got the car now btw lol).

morning all sorry but i only have partial update for you as they have only sent of the spec not prices as they are out of the office, but i think they will stay the same but i will confirm soon. With regards to the amount of lowering as follows:

997 Turbo -20mm

All other models -15/20mm depends if the car has factory PASM

Would love to do these but I guess it would effect my factory warranty?

Agreed call the OPC as it won't void the whole warranty just parts connected to the springs etc.

:thumb: :thumb:

So I was thinking about doing this last week so decided to give Centre Gravity a call to see what they thought about spring choice. Their preference out of the 3 (techart, Eibach, H&R) is Eiback on the basis they give a decent normal ride quality but are then progressive so that when driving hard / tracking it they firm up nicely in the corners. Same drop of 20mm with PASM on a C2S.

Eibach are currently doing 20% off their entire range meaning you can pick up 4 springs including VAT and delivery for £290...

http://www.eibachshop.co.uk/info-part-list?make=PORSCHE&model=911%20(997)&spec=3.8%20Carrera%20S%2001%2F07%2F2004%2001%2F12%2F2008

worth a thought..... think this is probably the way I'm gonna go (unless I decide to enlist some magical man maths and persuade myself to go with a full damptronics set up :lol: )

I have had the eibach's before and they do feel like a good spring when installed, but the only thing I would say about them is they still leave the rear of the car riding quite high so the arches look a bit uneven that's why I thought I would go techart this time.

Ah if you've already given them a whirl then fair enough! :) I ordered the Eibachs today... probably won't get round to fitting them for a while but will post a pic when I do!

HI Guys Im new here and first reply...I pick up my 2006 4S with PASM this wednesday and the first 2 mods I want are the techart springs and wheel spacers. Can I order a set also. How much are they normally and how much with the group discount

thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back