Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Phil 997 said:
Driver77 said:
Boba fett said:
I never noticed any difference, however, at the last Service Porsche Tech did say, your car car drives like no other I have driven, what have you done? :dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

:grin: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If you didn't notice any difference, is that to suggest you're not happy with it and not pleased you parted with the money for it?

:floor: :floor: no Boba didn't notice the difference because when he went to fit it he found he already had one fitted to his car :grin: :grin: which is why his tech has said he thought it drove so much better than other Turbos he had driven . :thumb:

Oh I see, must have misread the thread.

Yet another endorsement, lol, seriously must be impressive🎯

Boba fett said:
I never noticed any difference, however, at the last Service Porsche Tech did say, your car car drives like no other I have driven, what have you done? :dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

Said Porsche tech obviously gave your P&J a jolly good spanking :floor:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:

Its not my P&J, but goes to show its a special bit of kit :thumb: :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:

Its not my P&J, but goes to show its a special bit of kit :thumb: :thumb:

And it is indeed a special bit of kit. No question :thumb:

I've had my unit fitted for 2 weeks now and wanted to give my review. There might be a group lynching against me here but I hope not :oops:

The unit definitely makes a difference. From the first speed bump I hit I could tell that there was more compliance. Not just on speed bumps but any surface imperfections which tend to be everywhere around London. Perhaps I expected a bit too much but I wouldn't describe it as a 'night and day' or like having new suspension as some others have. In terms of spirited driving, I can't say I noticed a massive difference. I never found the car wanting in this area anyway.

My summary would be that it makes a noticeable difference and it's handy been able to separate the sport and suspension buttons. The around town suspension compliance is better, but not significantly. I agree that the car should have been like this standard. Despite this I'm not sure of the cost/benefit aspect of this mod. If it was a £400-£500 mod I would say go for it. I'm just not sure it's worth the £1k.

Not fitted mine yet, probably won't get round to it till over Xmas.

boardingnath997 - hoping for slightly better results as I'm a 997.1 so adding the 3 axis sensor should make a bigger more noticeable difference for me... :?:

boardingnath997 said:
I've had my unit fitted for 2 weeks now and wanted to give my review. There might be a group lynching against me here but I hope not :oops:

The unit definitely makes a difference. From the first speed bump I hit I could tell that there was more compliance. Not just on speed bumps but any surface imperfections which tend to be everywhere around London. Perhaps I expected a bit too much but I wouldn't describe it as a 'night and day' or like having new suspension as some others have. In terms of spirited driving, I can't say I noticed a massive difference. I never found the car wanting in this area anyway.

My summary would be that it makes a noticeable difference and it's handy been able to separate the sport and suspension buttons. The around town suspension compliance is better, but not significantly. I agree that the car should have been like this standard. Despite this I'm not sure of the cost/benefit aspect of this mod. If it was a £400-£500 mod I would say go for it. I'm just not sure it's worth the £1k.

Fair comments. Have you been for a spirited blast yet?

I didn't notice much difference until I got chance to push on a bit. The nose doesn't dip as much under hard braking and pitch and roll is noticeably less when chucking it into corners.

As noted already, sport mode settings seem to get backed off whilst pootling along, which is nice.

To summarize, I really like it. Worth the money/upgrade? Yes, definitely.

they should offer a try-n-buy option for those on the fence, I really want one but can't stomach the current price, I reckon at £500 I'd have had one already though.

(its the yorkshireman in me :) )

Norfolk - since I'm in your neck of the woods, what's the chances of me testing yours in my motor next year for an hr when the weathers a bit nicer and I whip the covers off it ? :?:

slackster said:
they should offer a try-n-buy option for those on the fence, I really want one but can't stomach the current price, I reckon at £500 I'd have had one already though.

Norfolk - since I'm in your neck of the woods, what's the chances of me testing yours in my motor next year for an hr when the weathers a bit nicer and I whip the covers off it ? :?:

SHoot a PM off to boardingnath997. Seems he may be keen to recoupa few quid on his purchase. You could bag a deal.

slackster said:

Mines not going to be driven for a while now, happy to send you mine to try out, if you pay the postage :thumb:

slackster said:

No worries matey. I've actually been out for a spin today because the weather was nice. I'm off back to work Saturday and won't be back until new year. But sure, it'll be easy enough to swap over for weekend test or whatever :thumbs:

I can't disagree at £500 it would be a perfect no brainer to have, at the current 1k its still worth doing IMO, but not if you have to sell a kidney to do it . Its one of those upgrades (can't call it a mod really as its more than that) that you really need to do to improve the car but those things come with a cost and most of the good mods I have done cost £1K or more to do .eg

gen 1 led front side and rear upgrade £800 min
gt3 throttle body /plen and remap £1400 plus
exhaust boxes and cats £1500 min
X51 headers £700

So when you consider its as significant to the suspension as those other items are in there relevant parts of the car it seems quite a realistic price. but I accept that there was nothing majorly wrong prior to fitting any of the above ,but each item in its place improved on what was already there .
YES I COULD HAVE LIVED WITHOUT ANY OF THEM
but I wanted to get the very very best out of the car and re the suspension the DSC does just that .
:thumb: :thumb:

boardingnath997 said:

What model do you have ?

Norfolk & Idea said:
slackster said:

No worries matey. I've actually been out for a spin today because the weather was nice. I'm off back to work Saturday and won't be back until new year. But sure, it'll be easy enough to swap over for weekend test or whatever :thumbs:

Spot on fella, I'll deffo take you up on that early next year for sure :) :thumb: :thumb:

boardingnath997 said:

Interesting. I've found all Porsche prices to be 'extraordinary', and this module is no different. I'm sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands, but, on the other hand, I think you might miss it.

I think the challenge that I had with the 997 is that with PASM set to soft, the car is too soft, and it can't quite keep up, so to say, if you suddenly need/want to put your foot down. And that front end bobble can be quite disconcerting on a long corner. On the other hand, with PASM in hard, while body control is really good, the ride is very hard.

I found, even on very smooth Dubai tarmac, it was too hard for the day-to-day, and especially all the bloody speedbumps (in the community, on the school run, in the car parks, at the office). So I was constantly juggling between two modes. It would have been better to have the PASM button on the steering wheel, not hidden behind the gear lever.

So, when I started investigating, I soon came across the TPC Racing solution. And then I bought it.

I'm very happy because I can now drive the very-not-smooth Finnish roads around here at some pace, and still retain good body control. I know British tarmac can be pretty awful, but we get these massive grooves on the highways (becausewinter), some big cracks and broken tarmac (alsobecausewinter), and there are plenty of gravel roads (I live at the end of one). Of course big potholes will always be a challenge, but I don't find myself toggling between modes any more. And I'm sure that PASM hard will work well when I get to the track days next summer.

Never going back. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back