Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

shock absorber question

Give the Billies a squirt of Wurth clear wax that will stall the corrosion. Typical thorougnness by Chris Franklin who did that on mine.

PS9s on mine, rebuilt this year by Bilstein as they were getting on a bit and fitted with new bushes and wishbones by Center Gravity.

Completely happy. However, if I was buying a new set I'd have to have those Ohlins.

I'd understood the Ohlins kit was a road based set up - i.e. not aimed at track cars?

tim993 said:
I'd understood the Ohlins kit was a road based set up - i.e. not aimed at track cars?

I'd definitely say they are a little more track biased. Here's the Ohlins garb:

The à–hlins Road & Track range for Porsche covers a major part of all 993 models with kits for all needs. It's a kit designed for track day use and club racing but with the DFV technology it also offers superb handling and comfort on the way to and from the tracks.

The Road & Track kit with DFV technology is a kit now developed with Porsche specific settings. The DFV technology acts like a high and low speed blow off valve and with adjustable compression and rebound the days of compromise are over.
This kit works surprisingly well on the road as well as at high speed on racing tracks, whether it is trackdays or racing. The settings have been developed using both shake rigs and testing by racing drivers to make sure the à–hlins DNA is present.

C.

Before you throw your money at suspension looking for a solution, what tyres are you running and what track pressures?

I track my C4 upto 15 times a year and focus more on tyres than anything else, my suspension does need renewing as its old H&R springs with original monroe shocks be it on a sports set up but it give lots of feel and I know when it's going to let go, where as the stiffer suspension just lets go. I can keep up with most stuff on track and lap donington in the 1:40's.

I'm not saying new suspension won't solve your issues but try toyo r888r's at 24psi front and 26psi rear (cold) with heavy duty roll bars and you might feel differently about your suspension.

I'll be at donington on 30th of this month if you fancy a run out, I too love that track.

Regards Chris

Cheers chris I was running 28lbwith mitchelin sport's

I enquired about the Ohlins R&T for a 993 and was quoted £2000. Not sure why they're listed so expensively by Design 911

think ill go with the ps 10,s .so do I buy them from gert and take the car to center of gravity . or do they have them at around the same price .also I have my own lift so thinking about fitting them myself and getting the car set up there,

desert dragon can you remember where you found that price for the ohlins r&t ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back