Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pre & Post-cat O2 sensors

Scholester

Does anyone know the best place to pick these up for my Turbo?

I don't fancy trying to get the old ones out of my original system for the sake of £100 quid or so (I hope)!

More like £100 each :eek: however would also been keen to know if anyone has a cheaper alternative

Gazc2 said:
More like £100 each :eek: however would also been keen to know if anyone has a cheaper alternative
Auto doc has them much cheaper (Bosch) but their search facility / car finder does not seem to be working so I can't be sure they are the correct ones!

Gazc2 said:
Auto doc has them much cheaper (Bosch) but their search facility / car finder does not seem to be working so I can't be sure they are the correct ones!

We got three out with no problem, just heated them up.

:thumb:

Try and get the old ones out with some heat and a big pairs of still stilsons if you need to. If not I have bought lambda sensors from theses guys in the past based in Wales, good quality and made to fit exact rather than universal ones so they might be worth a mail.

.gendan.co.uk

Try this seller as I bought my 996 ones from them, the early 3.6 997 maybe the same part, there's a compatibility checker which will verify fitment

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/0258006433...A-SENSOR-BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-PART-/152401529709

I got all 4 of my old ones out with no issues using a vice, ok cats were removed but heat the boss with a propane torch and then firmly grip the sensor and try first to tighten it. If you see a small movement then it should unwind from there

Good luck :thumb:

Thanks Chaps,
I will see how much I can get four new sensors for before making a final decision on whether to try and get the old ones out of the stock system.
I have sent a few requests in to the sellers on EBay and the links above so we will see what comes up.
:thumb:

I have today soaked the original sensors in penetrating fluid and will try and get these out with heat at the weekend.
I may need to buy new diverter valves for the turbos so the pennies may need to come from not buying new O2 sensors :roll:

02 sensors should be replaced every 30 / 40k miles or so anyway so i would replace all 4 with the exhaust as originally planned... They're not too expensive on the 997.1's either.

AdeD said:
02 sensors should be replaced every 30 / 40k miles or so anyway so i would replace all 4 with the exhaust as originally planned... They're not too expensive on the 997.1's either.

Ok, that sounds feasible. I will do the homework and post links to the best prices I find. Kudos to anyone that finds them cheaper before I buy! :)

btw if you decide to go de-cat you'll only need 2 x 02 sensors

AdeD said:
btw if you decide to go de-cat you'll only need 2 x 02 sensors
200 cells so it's all four.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back