Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter Ready!

C4-STORM

Cleared a space, finally..

Also, dropped oil and strained it through paper gauze to check for debris - none found thankfully. Fitted magnetic sump bolt and re-filled with fresh (9L !!) Mobil 3000.. Was going to go the Millers route but call me superstitious I don't want to change oil types in mine. (Here we go)!

I was surprised at the amount needed but after 8.25 and leaving some time to settle, dipstick/dash gauge both on minimum. No smoke start-up seems A-OK.

I will change oil again in the summer and check/replace every 6 months for good measure I think :D

Attachments

• image_740.jpeg
    image_740.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,571
  • image_665.jpeg
    image_665.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,571
Must save lots of space hanging the car off the wall, bet it's hard to get into tho :D . Will yours not be driven over winter?

Haha, was it hard to compensate for the angle of the car when using the dipstick? :lol:

:worship: Too funny lol

On the contrary, mine will regularly be driven over winter but the garage is there and part of the purchase justification was to help me psychologically with clearing some of the shite out the way lol

I will say I am somewhat relieved she is inside as it's fairly warm in there and she's no spring chicken :D

It must be that time of year; I completed my extensive winter prep last week.

(I tweaked the climate control upwards by .5 of a degree, as it was a bit chilly inside. I can also confirm that my heated seats still work)

C4-STORM said:
Also, dropped oil and strained it through paper gauze to check for debris - none found thankfully.

You won't do.......it's all stuck in the filter if there is any. You need to cut the filter open and look at that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back