Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seeing your car from a different perspective.

^ nice picture. Glencoe?

Pics of your car FZP?

I'll take some this weekend after a wash as it's looking like a barn find :thumb:

It is weird seeing someone else driving your pride and joy. I get extremely anxious whenever I see the mechanic at the local indi driving my car away for a test drive. Ive not been brave enough to let the missus drive it yet.

It reminded me though of when I let a mate of mine ride my Yamaha R1 once. I was in front on his ZX6R and suddenly he floored it past me unexpectedly. The R1 has a full race titanium akropovic exhaust on it. I basically jumped about 4 foot in the air and filled my leather trousers. Then I thought "my god that sounds amazing".

Phil 997 said:
here are a couple of my favourite rear shots :thumb:

Not the one with my Ex's and the Dumper truck in the background :grin:

:thumb:

and just so you know its really me here are more of my favourite rear shots :floor: :floor:

And re the scraping when its lowered its only the plastic wheel guard those are £16 each or if you have a tip it might be the plastic air lip under the middle again only a few quid . or worse case on an aero kit car its the plastic lower front lip £185 so really any of that can be related annually and worth it to get the stance right as boba says you can have a party in the arch gap on a std 997 :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• car_girl_and_porsche_image_14_150x150_824.jpg
    car_girl_and_porsche_image_14_150x150_824.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2,651
  • images_1_124.jpg
    images_1_124.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,651
  • sexy_porsche1_783.jpg
    sexy_porsche1_783.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2,651
HSC911 said:
Phil 997 said:
here are a couple of my favourite rear shots :thumb:

Not the one with my Ex's and the Dumper truck in the background :grin:

:thumb:

:floor: :floor: you know it :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
and just so you know its really me here are more of my favourite rear shots :floor: :floor:

And re the scraping when its lowered its only the plastic wheel guard those are £16 each or if you have a tip it might be the plastic air lip under the middle again only a few quid . or worse case on an aero kit car its the plastic lower front lip £185 so really any of that can be related annually and worth it to get the stance right as boba says you can have a party in the arch gap on a std 997 :grin: :grin: :thumb:

That is a nice dump truck, is it a CATERPILLAR ?

Mine with isysmans GT2RS creation at Oulton Park

Attachments

• 20170902_161241_1024x768_111.jpg
    20170902_161241_1024x768_111.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 2,631
  • 20170902_161307_1024x768_152.jpg
    20170902_161307_1024x768_152.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 2,631
I think we need a new rear end thread. 8)

I am in favour of that its been ages . :thumb:

Attachments

• f7c9a65a54486822e4eef7dfbf70f92e_2_877.jpg
    f7c9a65a54486822e4eef7dfbf70f92e_2_877.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,500
My :thewife: drives my car almost as much as I do these days (which for us both is not a lot) so I often see it one the last mile to our flat as I trudge from the tube. Which in truth is no bad thing really. As well as the joy it brings her she's a more forgiving driver than I am probably. (The only thing I'll ever have in common with Nigel Mansell....)

Recently however I saw it in a photograph taken by Ealing Council moving too slowly through a yellow box junction :photoshot:

Along side a kindly invitation to take advantage of a seasonal saving for paying within 30 days...... :wack:

That wasn't the worse bit. She informed me about it while I was working abroad last week and couldn't even take the time to dress it up a bit, like the joke Sam Waterston told at the end of Capricorn One :dont know:

FZP said:
pcat said:
FZP said:
So today I got Mrs P to drive the 911 whilst I followed in the second car. I wanted to primarily hear what it sounds like to the rest of the world since installing the Tubi exhaust whilst on an errand.

What happened whilst listening to the noise coming from the car, plus admiring the black wrap between the exhaust much like the GTS look and it occurred to me that it's almost perfect as it stands. I kept having thoughts of creating a 997R, but after seeing it today driving in front of me, I came to the realisation that it's almost complete other than spacers to push the wheels out and lowering it a touch to lose the SUV stance.

I guess some times you need a change of perspective to appreciate some things.

Spacers yes
Lowering no

SUV stance? You are joking right?
Not at all. I may have over exaggerated the SUV part but have a look at these two pics. I think the owner has got the stance just right. I'm not a fan of slammed cars or stretched tyres like you see in some other marques.

Just look at the reflected surfaces of the GT silver car ( I know it's not the OPs car ), it's phenomenal in showing the shapes / curves of the 997.......!!!!
I don't think any other colour does it like this .....

For this reason , I believe GT silver/ silver is the best colour for a 911 ... been my thought for years since I bought my 1st car .......( Porsche) ......

These wheels really do the car justice .....
I could be leaning towards a set for my Turbo S .......!

Pics of your car FZP?

I agree with seeing your car from different view ... but I can't bear the thought ....
It's bad enough putting it in for MOT / service ........!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back