Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Project 997 turbo to GT3R widebody street conversion

max_b said:
Good luck

Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this.
Will you be changing colour to red afterwards or will she be staying black?

I'm keeping the colour OE Basalt Black.

Disco said:
Iby said:
apollokre1d said:
Interesting :) Are you going to fit the GTR CL wheels too?

Not going Center Lock, I have some aftermarket 3 piece forged wheels on order in 10x19 and 14x19

What tyres are you going to use on those? Surely the rolling radius of anything that fits on a 14x19 is going to be a bit different to the stock 305/30 (and those rims will be too wide for RS sizes)? Or has the size/calibration problem already been sorted out?

I will be running Michelin Cup2's in 345/30/19 there will be an increase in rolling radius but will be kept in proportion with the front. These are not RS sizes, this is extra widebody R.

WoW very interesting, is this a diy build? If so on your own or mates/others involved? I've only ever done a restoration once with a mate, ended up divorced because of spending so much time in the garage :floor:

It all turned out for the best, car was lovely :grin:

Like this, very interested to see this develop :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
WoW very interesting, is this a diy build? If so on your own or mates/others involved? I've only ever done a restoration once with a mate, ended up divorced because of spending so much time in the garage :floor:

It all turned out for the best, car was lovely :grin:

Lol.

I run a powder coating firm refurbishing alloy wheels, however I do the builds as a hobby myself. I have a wide arch Datsun 280ZX project on the go as well. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to following this.

Did you buy a donor car with a lod of accident damage?

Historically race car parts are poor fitting as they get crashed and manufacturers don't really care about panel gaps etc. You need a master craftsman to make that GT3 R aero fit nicely. If its done properly will look amazing. Send it to ES Motors for an engine build after so it goes like it looks :thumbs:

PeterS said:
Looking forward to following this.

Did you buy a donor car with a lod of accident damage?

Originally I was looking for a light panel damaged car but couldn't find one, so ended up buying a straight car.

Desert Dragon said:
Historically race car parts are poor fitting as they get crashed and manufacturers don't really care about panel gaps etc. You need a master craftsman to make that GT3 R aero fit nicely. If its done properly will look amazing. Send it to ES Motors for an engine build after so it goes like it looks :thumbs:

The panels are petty much perfect. I will do the fit and then pass over to my mate for the prep and paint.

We insist that the regular updates that you provide contain plenty of photos for us to get our teeth into :wink:
It's a brave move on such a valuable car but my hat off to you for being different. I am a bit of a girl / shitting dog when it comes to anything so far removed from stock. As Desert Dragon suggests, the finish will be key but it sounds like you have that side of things in hand.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing things progress.

Been slacking on updates but made some great progress on the car, here's how it looks so far.

Attachments

• 20180203_221909sml_169.jpg
    20180203_221909sml_169.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 3,841
Wow how wide are the rear tyres?

Love how the exhaust looks.

We want more we want more :food: :food: :food: :food:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member