Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seeing your car from a different perspective.

FZP

So today I got Mrs P to drive the 911 whilst I followed in the second car. I wanted to primarily hear what it sounds like to the rest of the world since installing the Tubi exhaust whilst on an errand.

What happened whilst listening to the noise coming from the car, plus admiring the black wrap between the exhaust much like the GTS look and it occurred to me that it's almost perfect as it stands. I kept having thoughts of creating a 997R, but after seeing it today driving in front of me, I came to the realisation that it's almost complete other than spacers to push the wheels out and lowering it a touch to lose the SUV stance.

I guess some times you need a change of perspective to appreciate some things.

FZP said:
So today I got Mrs P to drive the 911 whilst I followed in the second car. I wanted to primarily hear what it sounds like to the rest of the world since installing the Tubi exhaust whilst on an errand.

What happened whilst listening to the noise coming from the car, plus admiring the black wrap between the exhaust much like the GTS look and it occurred to me that it's almost perfect as it stands. I kept having thoughts of creating a 997R, but after seeing it today driving in front of me, I came to the realisation that it's almost complete other than spacers to push the wheels out and lowering it a touch to lose the SUV stance.

Spacers yes
Lowering no

SUV stance? You are joking right?

FZP said:

:eek: Mrs P drove your car . you must have been in a good mood today lol
but your right if you can get someone to drive it either past you or with you following it does create a different perspective. :thumb:

pcat said:
FZP said:

Spacers yes
Lowering no

Not at all. I may have over exaggerated the SUV part but have a look at these two pics. I think the owner has got the stance just right. I'm not a fan of slammed cars or stretched tyres like you see in some other marques.

Attachments

• porsche_9972_911_forgestar_cf10_img001_207.jpg
    porsche_9972_911_forgestar_cf10_img001_207.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 4,725
  • porsche_9972_carrera_forgestar_cf10_gunmetal_19x85_19x11_img001_676.jpg
    porsche_9972_carrera_forgestar_cf10_gunmetal_19x85_19x11_img001_676.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 4,725
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

:eek: Mrs P drove your car . you must have been in a good mood today lol
but your right if you can get someone to drive it either past you or with you following it does create a different perspective. :thumb:
On the odd occasion she takes it to school. Thankfully the other teachers at her school don't give her a hard time like the other fella who posted a few weeks back.
Thankfully she doesn't do it too often, I find those days I develop a nervous disposition :sad:

Agreed these cars need lowering a bit unless you have one with sport chassis which comes lower from the factory. personally I like the 15mm with pasm drop from techarts :thumb: I also don't like slammed cars but the stock 997S sits to high and the 997 non S is an SUV in stock form :grin: :grin: lowering also massively aids the handling :thumb:

I'm sure that will be the case, but as it's not a daily driver, I don't think it will bother me much having to do the speedhimp shuffle.

The standard ride height on a 997 Turbo is a joke, you could have a party in the wheel archs, but I do understand that some can't lower the car.

On topic I had a mate drive mine, so I could hear it going for it, with the after burners lit, I still am gobsmacked about how bloody good it sounded, I mean really good, such a shame you cant really hear it from the inside.

I also love my 997, its taken some time to get it perfect for me, stance ride height, look and now it has the aerokit. When I saw it being driven it gave me a semi :thumb: I'm very happy and thats why its staying for longer.

Boba fett said:
The standard ride height on a 997 Turbo is a joke, you could have a party in the wheel archs, but I do understand that some can't lower the car.

On topic I had a mate drive mine, so I could hear it going for it, with the after burners lit, I still am gobsmacked about how bloody good it sounded, I mean really good, such a shame you cant really hear it from the inside.

I also love my 997, its taken some time to get it perfect for me, stance ride height, look and now it has the aerokit. When I saw it being driven it gave me a semi :thumb: I'm very happy and thats why its staying for longer.

What exhaust / cats do you have again BF - is it a Kline??

Scholester said:
Boba fett said:

What exhaust / cats do you have again BF - is it a Kline??

Yes it is.

It's rare to be behind your own car, so to say, but it is fun to see it take off. Not only does it sound better from the outside, it's usually a lot louder than you think. And what I really love is to see a 911 cornering hard, as it rolls so little on turn in, then digs in a bit after the apex, and then fires off up the road...

I think I might need to buy another one. :oops:

FZP said:
pcat said:
FZP said:

Spacers yes
Lowering no

Not at all. I may have over exaggerated the SUV part but have a look at these two pics. I think the owner has got the stance just right. I'm not a fan of slammed cars or stretched tyres like you see in some other marques.

Just look at the reflected surfaces of the GT silver car ( I know it's not the OPs car ), it's phenomenal in showing the shapes / curves of the 997.......!!!!
I don't think any other colour does it like this .....

For this reason , I believe GT silver/ silver is the best colour for a 911 ... been my thought for years since I bought my 1st car .......( Porsche) ......

These wheels really do the car justice .....
I could be leaning towards a set for my Turbo S .......!

Pics of your car FZP?

I agree with seeing your car from different view ... but I can't bear the thought ....
It's bad enough putting it in for MOT / service ........!

911TEL said:
FZP said:
pcat said:
FZP said:

Spacers yes
Lowering no

Just look at the reflected surfaces of the GT silver car ( I know it's not the OPs car ), it's phenomenal in showing the shapes / curves of the 997.......!!!!
I don't think any other colour does it like this .....

For this reason , I believe GT silver/ silver is the best colour for a 911 ... been my thought for years since I bought my 1st car .......( Porsche) ......

These wheels really do the car justice .....
I could be leaning towards a set for my Turbo S .......!

Pics of your car FZP?

I agree with seeing your car from different view ... but I can't bear the thought ....
It's bad enough putting it in for MOT / service ........!

Weird, as I would never have another Silver car no matter what it is.

MaxA said:
It's rare to be behind your own car, so to say, but it is fun to see it take off. Not only does it sound better from the outside, it's usually a lot louder than you think. And what I really love is to see a 911 cornering hard, as it rolls so little on turn in, then digs in a bit after the apex, and then fires off up the road...

I think I might need to buy another one. :oops:

Agree with you. Mine from the passenger seat behind.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back