Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porcshe 993 Turbo 1995

Zingari said:
Sounds like the usual issues but if you're looking for 'A1' then your pockets will need to find at least another £10k.

Gaps in service history cause serious 993 buyers to shake like a shitting dog so it will always turn some buyers off as they think it will have been to teh moon and back with shoite oil in it. What's the story with the gaps? was it MOTd during those years so the mileage talles? If for example it was in storage then I'd be less concerned.

If you're looking at Illuminati 'perfection' then it will cost as these cars aren't cheap to do right and most buyers won't discount to take account of where you want it to end up.

There's a risk 993 prices have been 'bigged up' so buyers expect top dough but that's not what they get offered by trade or private where with big money buyers want reassurance. There can be a hugh price spread between what's good, what's average and what's a turd rolled in glitter (CatD) :hand:

Put on a pair of roes tinted specs however and it will suddenly appear as cheap as chips :thumb:

Not been given any answers re the service gaps and not sure if it was MOTd during service gaps, will ask. Approx 10k between services re gap. Thanks for the info.

Trantorman said:
Given it needs work, and has some gaps in the history and is not the "ideal" interior, black will all ways be more popular with buyers.

I would keep looking or get the priced dropped significantly, to reflect the work and your concerns.

Turbo prices have a really wide spread, recently from £80k - £150k.

Turbo buyers are fussy and rightly so, a good turbo is a delight to own and drive, many are now money pits, that have low miles but still require significant spend to get them up to a high standard.

The Black TT at Hofmann's and the Arena TT at Avantgarde are both cars I have previously owned in years gone by.

Turbo's never seem to stick with owners for long, they seem to be bought driven for a short period and then resold, relatively quickly.

Enjoy the chase its all part of the fun.

Happy Hunting.

Thanks for the info, maybe Turbo's are too high maintenance.

Trantorman said:
Given it needs work, and has some gaps in the history and is not the "ideal" interior, black will all ways be more popular with buyers.

I would keep looking or get the priced dropped significantly, to reflect the work and your concerns.

Turbo buyers are fussy and rightly so, a good turbo is a delight to own and drive, many are now money pits, that have low miles but still require significant spend to get them up to a high standard.

The Black TT at Hofmann's and the Arena TT at Avantgarde are both cars I have previously owned in years gone by.

Turbo's never seem to stick with owners for long, they seem to be bought driven for a short period and then resold, relatively quickly.

Happy Hunting.

Thanks for the info. Money pit is what worries me. If its not correct in all respects, could be very difficult to resale at these heady prices.

very true, it was much easier and a lot more fun when you could buy these cars at £35-50k,which sadly was only a few years back.

Very easy to be stood very wrong in some of these cars at heady prices unless they have had all the work done and done properly, which in it self can be a challenge.

Trantorman said:

Happy Hunting.

cripes - over 11 years with me now!

to the OP: - new clutch on a turbo is a lot of money - even more so if the dual mass flywheel also needs to be replaced. Also, those dratted pressure tubes and the clutch slave will all need to have been changed by now and Porsche really let you know that this was once a £90k new car. Other than those things I'd think all the other consumables and silly bits like bumper irons and heat shields are a similar price to those on any other 993. The screen apertures, rear chassis legs and inner edge of the wheel arches also get the tin-worm bug like on any other 993 and will cost the same to fix. What they have that no other 993 (save a GT2 or turbo S...) matches is 50% more power and torque. Very nice to have in such a well mannered car as the 993. Plus the turbo body was really meant for this car - pleasant though it can be on the n/a cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back