Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Flippers

What are these things new if you could get your hands on one, roughly?

FZP said:
What are these things new if you could get your hands on one, roughly?

Car above is a 'comfort' spec!

I just knocked a CS spec in Miami Blue and came out at £131k.
For a laugh I did a GT2RS and came out at £231k.Jesus wept :eek:

FZP said:

Then look at the flip values at £175-200k and you have a bargain on your hands. Now do the same on the German configurator and convert the Euros to Pounds - suddenly it doesn't seem bad in the slightest... :dont know:

Disco said:
FZP said:

Then look at the flip values at £175-200k and you have a bargain on your hands. Now do the same on the German configurator and convert the Euros to Pounds - suddenly it doesn't seem bad in the slightest... :dont know:

I have to agree 100% with you on the above. The USA seem to get the best deal though from memory.

These premiums effectively price the car at a different level. I make no judgement on if that is a good level or not. So if say a GT3 is selling for 180 then - assuming it is not a complete dog - the new Vantage appears to be much better value on paper. Then assuming (again!) AM are less picky about who they will build cars for I know which one I'd rather be in. Sorry Porsche 🤷"â™‚️

tim993 said:
These premiums effectively price the car at a different level. I make no judgement on if that is a good level or not. So if say a GT3 is selling for 180 then - assuming it is not a complete dog - the new Vantage appears to be much better value on paper. Then assuming (again!) AM are less picky about who they will build cars for I know which one I'd rather be in. Sorry Porsche 🤷"â™‚️

Purchase price is one consideration....but when all in lifetime costs are concerned I'd be "happier" paying £180k for a GT3 than a Vantage....dread to think what depreciation would be like on the latter. And I'll be honest I can't really see if you're in the market for a GT3 why a Vantage would be on the radar....very different cars!

Cheib said:
tim993 said:

Purchase price is one consideration....but when all in lifetime costs are concerned I'd be "happier" paying £180k for a GT3 than a Vantage....dread to think what depreciation would be like on the latter. And I'll be honest I can't really see if you're in the market for a GT3 why a Vantage would be on the radar....very different cars!

Maybe 5-10 years ago I would have agreed, but the GT3 market now is very different to what it used to be. For the majority of those looking to buy a new GT3 today the 2 cars probably aren't a million miles apart

Roro said:
Cheib said:
tim993 said:

Maybe 5-10 years ago I would have agreed, but the GT3 market now is very different to what it used to be. For the majority of those looking to buy a new GT3 today the 2 cars probably aren't a million miles apart

If you owned a 991.2 GT3 you'd know there's a world of difference between the two cars, the latest Porsche is a monster and the Vantage is basically just a heavy barge that looks half decent and sounds good :)

At 180k there are other itches I would need to scratch first.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back