Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement engine mounts

Pay close attention that the parts are fitted correctly as shown

In use the domed washers will touch the rubber centres as the engine carrier and body transfer loads and move up/down. This part is essentially unchanged since the 911 was launched and I've seen first hand the effects of incorrectly fitting the mounts on a 912. In this case the top washers were omitted by accident and the bolts bore directly down on the mounts centre tubes which lasted quite well until the tubes tore out of the rubber and the engine ended up on the road.

Awesome, thanks, pictures is what we need here, really glad I asked and you guys have helped me before I ***** it up!

Lots of great info here - thanks. Going to order a set to replace over the christmas week off.

What's the verdict between the 964 ones from D911 or the RSS ones? (and where can the RSS ones be purchased? I many have missed that)

Brilliant info - I want to replace mine now..... has anyone experienced both RSS and the RS mounts? Is there much difference other than cosmetically? With the RS mounts being half the price of the RSS mounts?

going this route for the blue baron and the engine mounts with the RS ones from design 911.

are all the cars from 964 to 996 and 997 the same? in that you need all the bolts and washers as listed above to make sure they fit correct?

thanks

RockAuto also do the 964RS ones - £53 each!

Don't forget the 5% discount code as well

I know have priced it up. buy the time you pay the shipping and then customs then there is not much in it.

and what if they go wrong within the year and collapse? send em back to the US? not ideal.

Is there a general consensus on the best mounts just for road?

I dont want any more vibration in the cabin but do want to tighten things up a bit

Thanks

NLW73 said:
I know have priced it up. buy the time you pay the shipping and then customs then there is not much in it.

and what if they go wrong within the year and collapse? send em back to the US? not ideal.

Postage was only a tenner. I would expect a replacement to be shipped to me, to be honest.

they would want the original purchase back. will they pay for that? I doubt it.

did you have to pay import duty too?

right now with the exchange rate the mounts £120 on Rock Auto. same price as design 911 with the VAT.

I can pick up from D911 easily enough so will do that plus I can get all the bolts and washers there too.

NLW73 said:
they would want the original purchase back. will they pay for that? I doubt it.

did you have to pay import duty too?

right now with the exchange rate the mounts £120 on Rock Auto. same price as design 911 with the VAT.

I can pick up from D911 easily enough so will do that plus I can get all the bolts and washers there too.

Thats each though on D911 isn't it?

No it is 2 mounts, to be fair.

Code: 96437504381KIT
Engine Mount Kit. HD RS version.
Replaces factory hydraulic mounts. 1 kit with 2 mounts, hardware not included. This set can be used as an upgrade for standard 964/993

you are correct EGTE - the kit is a pair

here is everything you need:

96437504381KIT x1
90008211801 x2
99908421501 x2
90130531100 x4

You also need 4 thick washers which are expensive so i sourced the same spec on ebay for considerably less £5.42 for 5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300891307854

I have priced it all up on Design 911 and for the hardware and its about £165 delivered

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back