Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porcshe 993 Turbo 1995

will8

Looking for a bit of advice. Been to look at a 1995 UK supplied Porsche 993 Turbo today in black, 62000mls. sunroof, climate control no rear screen brake light, approx 6mm on tyres. Mostly OPC services in the book however it was not serviced for 3 years 2008/11. Would this put buyers off? Condition good, slight bubbling bottom of front screen. Interior good, not had a replacement clutch or any suspension work, a standard car. Usual stone chips very presentable but will need a repaint for A1 condition. Is there anything in particular I should look for? Anybody have an idea what is a fair price for this car?

Is it the Hofmann's car? If so, I happened to be in the garage and had a look in the summer. It will need a bit of tlc cash spending on it. But, I doubt there will be much room for a discount.

Millomboy said:
Is it the Hofmann's car? If so, I happened to be in the garage and had a look in the summer. It will need a bit of tlc cash spending on it. But, I doubt there will be much room for a discount.

Not sure, Is Hofmann the owner? This name is not on registration document.

Sounds like the usual issues but if you're looking for 'A1' then your pockets will need to find at least another £10k.

Gaps in service history cause serious 993 buyers to shake like a shitting dog so it will always turn some buyers off as they think it will have been to teh moon and back with shoite oil in it. What's the story with the gaps? was it MOTd during those years so the mileage talles? If for example it was in storage then I'd be less concerned.

If you're looking at Illuminati 'perfection' then it will cost as these cars aren't cheap to do right and most buyers won't discount to take account of where you want it to end up.

There's a risk 993 prices have been 'bigged up' so buyers expect top dough but that's not what they get offered by trade or private where with big money buyers want reassurance. There can be a hugh price spread between what's good, what's average and what's a turd rolled in glitter (CatD) :hand:

Put on a pair of roes tinted specs however and it will suddenly appear as cheap as chips :thumb:

will8 said:
Millomboy said:

Hofmann's is a garage in Henley. They have a 62k miles black turbo for sale. Coincidence.

Millomboy said:
will8 said:
Millomboy said:

Hofmann's is a garage in Henley. They have a 62k miles black turbo for sale. Coincidence.

No, its not this car, This car has an engine upgrade. The car I am looking at is standard. Thanks for the info, a good comparison though. What's preferred black or grey interior?

If it's the one in Manor Garage, that has been for sale for a few months now.
Looks nice though, and one of the cheaper turbos out there at the moment....maybe room for a bit more movement if it has been there for a while!??
Good luck :thumb:

Attachments

• 993tt_898.jpg
    993tt_898.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 5,726
What's preferred black or grey interior?

Depends which grey ........ but black if preferable ...... imo.

Defo grey but has to be Marble...... :lol:

Black interior nearly always preferred. Marble Grey looks great when in good condition but Classic Grey very much unloved IMO.

C.

NIBrown said:
If it's the one in Manor Garage, that has been for sale for a few months now.
Looks nice though, and one of the cheaper turbos out there at the moment....maybe room for a bit more movement if it has been there for a while!??
Good luck :thumb:

Yes, this is the one. Service history bothers me though. When you get in to serious money as has been previously said, could put a lot of people off whenever I decide to sell.

Given it needs work, and has some gaps in the history and is not the "ideal" interior, black will all ways be more popular with buyers.

I would keep looking or get the priced dropped significantly, to reflect the work and your concerns.

Turbo prices have a really wide spread, recently from £80k - £150k.

Turbo buyers are fussy and rightly so, a good turbo is a delight to own and drive, many are now money pits, that have low miles but still require significant spend to get them up to a high standard.

The Black TT at Hofmann's and the Arena TT at Avantgarde are both cars I have previously owned in years gone by.

Turbo's never seem to stick with owners for long, they seem to be bought driven for a short period and then resold, relatively quickly.

Enjoy the chase its all part of the fun.

Happy Hunting.

Black looks great on the Turbo and the interior also looks well as it has the Black Dash, Steering Wheel & Door Cappings. Mileage is good, too many to become a lock away collectable and just enough to attain some fun dry weather use over the next few years, however the price seems optimistic as it clearly needs some cosmetic maintenance which will undoubtedly lead to further spends... chassis legs, bumper supports, sills etc.

I'd personally be put off by the poor advert description and grammar, something you wouldn't expect in these days of spell check and from a Dealer with some decent metal advertised!

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back