Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Member - 991.1 C4S PDK Aqua Blue

RB79

Hi,

Sorry to gate crash your lovely forum.

I've just done a deal on an Approved Used C4S and thought it about time I joined such a knowledgeable bunch of 911 enthusiasts. It is actually my second 991, I currently have a lovely 991.1 C2S in Basalt Black with low miles which I love but I have secretly always wanted a C4S partly due to the lovely stance and have kept an eye on the OPC website for the right car. I love a clean black car but had underestimated how hard it was to look after with any surface scratches showing easily, I've even had it detailed twice.

My car history is rather random. In the early 2000s I had one of the original Boxter S which was a great car. Then I went through various Audis and BMWs including a few M cars. My last non Porsche car was an M4 which is a great car but a handful. I always wanted the 991 when it came out but could never afford new so jumped at the chance to buy one last year. Coming from a BMW, I did miss a few options on my current car so have been looking out for a heavily spec'd 991 C4S and hopefully have finally found the right car, much to wife's annoyance.

For those interested, spec is as follows:

2012/62 - 13000 miles
Aqua Blue with Black leather
20" Carrera Classic Wheels with coloured centres
Adaptive Cruise with PAS
Burmester Sound
Adaptive sport seats 18 way
Carbon interior
Sunroof
Folding mirrors
Rain Sensor and dimming mirrors
Bi-Xenon with PDLS
Light Design Pack
PDCC with sports PASM (20mm lower)
Voice Conrol
Keyless entry and drive
PCM with universal audio and 6 CD autochanger
Privacy glass
Rear wiper
Seat ventilation and heating
Sports Exhaust
Sport Chrono
Sport Design Steering wheel
Crest embossed on head restraints
Black rev counter
Telephone module
TPM
HomeLink
Online Services
TV tuner
Leather rear tunnel with decorative stitching
Fire Extinguisher
Model designation deletion

Ideally I would have liked DAB and possibly LEDs but it has all my must haves.

After some too-ing and froo-ing with the dealer (who was excellent), I got what I feel is a good cost to change price. Hopefully picking up in a week and can't wait to see the colour in the flesh. A fair amount of money to spend on not that different a car but a lesson for me in making sure I get what I want in the first place!

Some pics below of the current C2S and the new steed.

Look forward to being part of your excellent forum.

1earm6D.jpg

jduWWt2.jpg

hB4G0LU.jpg

L426mjL.jpg

EFyEZ5u.jpg

With such a good intro' and great pictures you certainly can't be accused of gate crashing.

A big :welcome: to 911uk.

:thumbs:

Your C2S looked nice. The C4S is beautiful. :envy:

Great spec with some costly options when new there :thumb:

T8 said:
With such a good intro' and great pictures you certainly can't be accused of gate crashing.

A big :welcome: to 911uk.

:thumbs:

Your C2S looked nice. The C4S is beautiful. :envy:

Thanks T8 and for making me feel welcome.

I know the C4S is the same engine but, except for a turbo one day, is the one I've always wanted. Probably a daft thing to do but got to enjoy life 😃

jonttt said:
Great spec with some costly options when new there :thumb:

Yes that's what I thought. Apparently was ordered new by a car collector from
Porsche Sheffield hence spec and low mileage. Not seen one as loaded and I've always liked Aqua Blue.

I see you have a late 993 C4S - that's amazing - very jealous.

RB79 said:
For those interested, spec is as follows:

2012/62 - 13000 miles
Aqua Blue with Black leather
20" Carrera Classic Wheels with coloured centres
Adaptive Cruise with PAS
Burmester Sound
Adaptive sport seats 18 way
Carbon interior
Sunroof
Folding mirrors
Rain Sensor and dimming mirrors
Bi-Xenon with PDLS
Light Design Pack
PDCC with sports PASM (20mm lower)
Voice Conrol
Keyless entry and drive
PCM with universal audio and 6 CD autochanger
Privacy glass
Rear wiper
Seat ventilation and heating
Sports Exhaust
Sport Chrono
Sport Design Steering wheel
Crest embossed on head restraints
Black rev counter
Telephone module
TPM
HomeLink
Online Services
TV tuner
Leather rear tunnel with decorative stitching
Fire Extinguisher
Model designation deletion

It looks like a subsequent owner preferred publicity. :D

EDIT: Actually, looking close it seems like the 911 has been deleted but the Carrera 4S has been left. That's unusual.

I know what you mean about a 4S vs a 2S. From a driving viewpoint, they are pretty much indistinguishable (but I did feel that the 2S I drove on a test wasn't quite as planted as the 4S). However, that extra 44mm width makes all the difference in my view - it just looks sooo right! Not to mention the full rear lighting strip ...

The aqua blue looks pretty much the same as sapphire blue - is that the case? It's difficult to tell from the photos in the dealer

Forrester said:
I know what you mean about a 4S vs a 2S. From a driving viewpoint, they are pretty much indistinguishable (but I did feel that the 2S I drove on a test wasn't quite as planted as the 4S). However, that extra 44mm width makes all the difference in my view - it just looks sooo right! Not to mention the full rear lighting strip ...

The aqua blue looks pretty much the same as sapphire blue - is that the case? It's difficult to tell from the photos in the dealer

Love the light strip. I can't comment on sapphire blue but I know Aqua has been dropped as a choice. I am going to get in detailed and will post some pics. I guess you don't see many blue 911s in general. Not that I can afford to order new but definitely think they could expand the normal colour range choice for such an expensive car.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. It looks great and what a spec :thumb:

Someone's going to be very happy with your 2S...just don't look at the advertised price when the dealer lists it :wink:

RB79 said:
Forrester said:

Love the light strip. I can't comment on sapphire blue but I know Aqua has been dropped as a choice. I am going to get in detailed and will post some pics. I guess you don't see many blue 911s in general. Not that I can afford to order new but definitely think they could expand the normal colour range choice for such an expensive car.

Welcome to the Forum, and just so you are fully up to speed Blue is the new black and aqua is the new Basalt :grin: :grin: great car great colour look forward to hearing more from you get along to some meets in whichever area of the country you are in. :thumb:

K888ETH said:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. It looks great and what a spec :thumb:

Someone's going to be very happy with your 2S...just don't look at the advertised price when the dealer lists it :wink:

Ha - I know. To be honest, it was the cost to change that was important to me and I got that within what I wanted. I got them down £4K from their starting point so felt like a moral victory when in fact there was probably more off to be had.

I am daft as my cars always go out better than they came in but I love looking after them and the C4S will get the same.

Thanks to you all for your nice posts and for welcoming me. Great bunch of people.

Phil 997 said:
RB79 said:
Forrester said:

Welcome to the Forum, and just so you are fully up to speed Blue is the new black and aqua is the new Basalt :grin: :grin: great car great colour look forward to hearing more from you get along to some meets in whichever area of the country you are in. :thumb:
/.

Hi Phil, blue is indeed the new black. Basalt is so last year. I am based in Hampshire too, near Yateley. I see you are in Bournemouth? Not sure if you are a footie fan but they are my second team as my wife grew up there. I'd love to come to a meet and see your fabulous machines.

Looks great' congrats!

Love Aqua and those are the best 991 wheels, IMO :thumb:

Seventy Seven said:
Looks great' congrats!

Love Aqua and those are the best 991 wheels, IMO :thumb:

Thank you. I was actually in two minds about the wheels and initially wanted the Plaitnum Carrera S wheels like on the C2S. However I actually think these wheels fill the C4S arches better and look fab. I really like the RS Spyder Wheels on the Gen 2 cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back