Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any ideas??

phil84afc

Hello chaps,

Was after advice please.

Just went to start the car (987.2 S) and it just went "click, click, click" the drivers window came down and it said PSM failure. Thought maybe battery but the window went up again (albeit slowly) and the central locking still works.

Had just washed her and dried her off, turned her around and no issues, then this.

Any ideas would be welcomed for this very concerned owner.... :sad:

Sounds like (almost) dead battery to me.

Yep almost certainly battery and therefore a quick fix.

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Is that normal then for it to start fine then an hour later not?

Its not 'normal" but usually a sign that a battery is coming to the end of its life ie they get to a point where the alternator won't recharge them sufficiently to hold the charge, usually more obvious in winter when temps are cooler. If the car has been stood for a couple of weeks the battery may be recoverable via a recharge but if its in regular use get the battery checked out as its by far the most likely candidate with those symptoms. If the battery is OK but just not enough charge and in regular use them get the alternator checked out.

yep I am with the other pretty sure its the battery , if they are going to die its often this time of year when you are running heaters lights etc . if it had tried turning over but not fired I would be suggesting flooded engine as this happened to me after moving the car a few feet , the injection system pumped fuel but I didn't run the engine long enough to burn it off and it flooded the engine so the AA man informed me. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back