Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 stance??

I love the look...

And I think that the 996 is the next VW

Look at how many people on here are from VeeDub or M3 backgrounds :dont know:

I think it's cool anyway 8)

Check out Stance Works and there are loads there doing it

:thumb:

Don't get me wrong I love modding cars.....pretty much every car I've owned over the last 20 years has been non standard, and grew up in the car cruise era with nights in Southend...I just think the 996 is difficult to mod. 997's look really good modified but the 996 in my own eyes looks better keeping it OEM. The 996 C4S is can be easily spoilt if running different wheels etc. To me certain cars can pull it off and the 996 is not one of them.

Opinions are just that...

If I do it = not 8)

If Magnus Walker/Singer do it = 8)

That's all

Bring on the modded 996, I think it's the perfect car for slamming, ducktail, Fuchs, and a funky Pascha interior :santa:

:thumb:

A few more tastefully done ones.. :dont know:

Attachments

• 16e4da1e6c6e1881608566be724a16be_151.jpg
    16e4da1e6c6e1881608566be724a16be_151.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 6,236
  • 7ba5c2da8bedbf222c2d912635915a07_960.jpg
    7ba5c2da8bedbf222c2d912635915a07_960.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 6,236
  • 87bf797a491f5679f1b6e071d164db29_197.jpg
    87bf797a491f5679f1b6e071d164db29_197.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 6,236
  • 2217f826_442.jpg
    2217f826_442.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 6,236
BChivs said:
Don't get me wrong I love modding cars.....pretty much every car I've owned over the last 20 years has been non standard, and grew up in the car cruise era with nights in Southend...I just think the 996 is difficult to mod. 997's look really good modified but the 996 in my own eyes looks better keeping it OEM. The 996 C4S is can be easily spoilt if running different wheels etc. To me certain cars can pull it off and the 996 is not one of them.

I would be up for resurrecting a Southend Porsche cruise, strictly 20 miles and hour now though

I think UK Porsche owners are just a bit boring and too concerned with damaging their "investment".

Every other car I owned has a healthy modding scene, meaning lots of "individual" cars.

Having said that, I prefer my own cars bone stock...so maybe I am boring too by own reckoning.

wasz said:
I think UK Porsche owners are just a bit boring and too concerned with damaging their "investment".

Every other car I owned has a healthy modding scene, meaning lots of "individual" cars.

Having said that, I prefer my own cars bone stock...so maybe I am boring too by own reckoning.

I disagree. I have a turbo which is pretty heavily modded. If it was as I bought it it would be worth more, but then it would be a lot less fun. My C2 isn't worth a fortune and the mods I am doing were basically all Porsche options anyway, I just like the original look. There are many car enthusiasts who aren't all about the money.

MC

A couple of pics of mine,not exactly a stance car and is quite sedate for me to be honest but things may change.
but as it is it's generally frowned upon by most porsche owners but I like it so don't worry about any negativity towards it :D
https://flic.kr/p/TDh7ur

https://flic.kr/p/T5m39b

Don't know how to add pics to thread but here's the links for anyone interested.

[/img]

Dsmithmobile said:
A couple of pics of mine,not exactly a stance car and is quite sedate for me to be honest but things may change.
but as it is it's generally frowned upon by most porsche owners but I like it so don't worry about any negativity towards it :D
https://flic.kr/p/TDh7ur

https://flic.kr/p/T5m39b

Try postimage.org car looks great to me.

MC

Cheers buddy 👍🏻

@paul987

I quite like that last one in pale grey?! with the ducktail and black alloys. Just goes to show it can be done... there will always be purists and those that like to do something different.

I'm a massive Singer fan.. My 996 C4s is supposed to be a project car to muck about with. I hated the interior, ride and general dated blandness holding it back from being something truly spectacular when I bought her... I had plans to give her Singer esk treatment but now quite like her the way she is, completely OEM stock... so boring, who knows! Maybe spending £6k on just getting her driving, sounding and feeling fresh is enough... roll on 2018 when I'll get bored and do something really stupid :D

What qualifies as 'modified"?

My goal for my C2 (yes, the wrong C2 as it has no roof) is:
- 3.7 or 3.9l engine (on the to do list, likely winter '18), with associated intake, exhaust updates
- Ohlins suspension (done)
- 996.2 18" Carrera 5 spokes (done)
- New roof and re-paint (Jan)
- Body colour seat backs and central tunnel (with the other work in Jan)
- Giro-discs all round (tbc, when the brake discs and pads need changing)
- Cup steering wheel to test the driving position - if I like it I'll re-cover the wheel in leather, or get the extender to move the OEM wheel toward me by the same amount (this month, pending horn woe resolution)
- I might take the rear seats out and make a luggage area, the seats are useless for humans

Goal is to have a car that drives really nicely with a better power to weight ratio than a turbo (which whilst not straightforward is well within our planning envelope).

(And I was planning on modifying myself via CAT driver training).

Dammit said:
What qualifies as 'modified"?

a8cca3828b0be2c492ff5877e62bee13.jpg

Of all the cars above, that white one with the lettering on the side is the one that floats my boat. Problem is that the 'mods' that look good almost always make the car worse. A case in point - take any of these cars, replace the massive wheels with a pair of skinny tyres on 17" rims and it will be improved. The larger the original setup, the bigger the improvement by going down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back