Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo - Manual - WANTED

But a manual....do people still persist with them :grin:

alex yates said:
But a manual....do people still persist with them :grin:

Other than that it looks good.

MC

T8 said:
My first thoughts were .... £70k for a Gen1 :eek:

but after looking at that spec' and, considering it's a 1.5, and therefore one the very last Mezger Turbos it doesn't seem too bad after all.

What a beauty.

:worship:

Are they actually selling at these prices? I always thought anything over £60K for these cars was crazy but prices appear to just keep going up and up.

I've seen the grey Ashgood turbo. Its very very clean. Mike who owns Ashgood a very nice man too.

I think there is a story with the ashgood car... it has been for sale for 2+ years at various dealers. It sold for around £54k two years ago. And very soon after appeared at another dealer at 70k. It passed from dealer to dealer over the following 18-20 months. Never seemingly selling to a real punter.

So what's the story?

Well no chrono... could be retro fitted for fair money and it's Achilles heel would be mended...

Service history didn't fully stack up when I seriously considered it... nothing specific just 'something' wasn't quite right.

And back then the story told by the dealer wasn't consistent. He was not a porsche dealer, just a guy who allegedly bought it to use (but under his trade name) and then needed to offload to get cash for other cars.

I do hear that ashgood is a great dealer and their cars look good but this car just appears to have a hidden past of sorts...

Good luck with your search.

Jcx said:
I think there is a story with the ashgood car... it has been for sale for 2+ years at various dealers. It sold for around £54k two years ago. And very soon after appeared at another dealer at 70k. It passed from dealer to dealer over the following 18-20 months. Never seemingly selling to a real punter.

So what's the story?

Well no chrono... could be retro fitted for fair money and it's Achilles heel would be mended...

Service history didn't fully stack up when I seriously considered it... nothing specific just 'something' wasn't quite right.

And back then the story told by the dealer wasn't consistent. He was not a porsche dealer, just a guy who allegedly bought it to use (but under his trade name) and then needed to offload to get cash for other cars.

I do hear that ashgood is a great dealer and their cars look good but this car just appears to have a hidden past of sorts...

Interesting. Mike told me he'd underwritten it straight from an OPC who had taken the car in px a few weeks ago.

Desert Dragon said:
Jcx said:

So what's the story?

Interesting. Mike told me he'd underwritten it straight from an OPC who had taken the car in px a few weeks ago.

I have no reason to doubt Mike's word. So if true then yet another person seemingly bought it and parted with it very quickly. The V5 will tell that story.

When I looked at it 2 years ago it was a 3-4 owner car.

I would have thought any OPC would love to retail a low miles gen 1.5 turbo which is straight and honest. Having a trader underwrite it seems curious.

New car has been sourced, it's perfect 😎 Thank you for all your replies and messages 👍🏻

Lee_shep said:
Jcx said:
Fab did you buy the ashgood car?

Not me, I know who bought that one. Chrono was an absolute must for me so I gave it a miss

So what did you get? I'd love to know how many owners the other one has had now...

Lee_shep said:
New car has been sourced, it's perfect 😎 Thank you for all your replies and messages 👍🏻
The Virgin car that had not even yet been photographed!?

Jcx said:
Lee_shep said:
Jcx said:
Fab did you buy the ashgood car?

Not me, I know who bought that one. Chrono was an absolute must for me so I gave it a miss

So what did you get? I'd love to know how many owners the other one has had now...

I got a 57, basalt black Manual with 40k and plenty on carbon goodies inside 😎

Scholester said:
Lee_shep said:
The Virgin car that had not even yet been photographed!?

Not me, I did notice that car and it was gone within a day!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back