Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cup holder stuck

Ratattak

Can anyone give me advice please ... the driver's side cup holder will not spring out on my 997.2 ... the pax one is fine ... any tricks of the trade to fix ?

Well .. yes and no , it depends on if the release mechanism has stuck or if the cup holder was shut with the holder still extended ( the bit the cup goes in is open ) .

For the later one then its basically the side of the holder jamming on the inner case ..

I use a plastic trim tool ( thin ) and lever at the side and at the top to try and close the holder .. then press it to release .. this all has to be rather gentle .

I do see it on serviceing when i check operation and tend to release it before telling the customer .. hence being gentle as i dont want to break it.

If your not happy doing this then i would expect any Porsche garage could quickly release it for you as its not uncommon shall we say.

If its totally jammed and your feeling adventerous then have a look here ..

http://buildraceparty.com/diy-porsche-911-cup-holder-repair-997/

I'll try that thanks ... ps I blame the wife - she's the only one that uses the cupholders

:grin:

Ratattak said:
Can anyone give me advice please ... the driver's side cup holder will not spring out on my 997.2 ... the pax one is fine ... any tricks of the trade to fix ?

My Passenger side Jammed,i used a Plastic Trim removal Tool,and some Brute Force to Lever it out,has my Nephew pushed it back without pushing the Ratchet inwards to it's smallest Diameter,mine Sprung out and is working OK now.

Regards,
Ironside :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back