Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991GT3 - fuel filler flap stuck shut

david_yorkshire

Anyone had this before ?
moves about 5 mm when you press on it, but can't be coaxed to open
Manual release does nothing either.

AA spent 2 hrs last night trying to get it open and failed !
not really a GT3 issues, but my car is a GT3 :)

Don't tell me you don't have a warranty David! Can't you make it the OPC's problem?

If not, I'd be inclined to force it; it's only plastic & should be fairly brittle in this cold weather...

Higher than average failure and occurs quite a bit apparently with some 991 cars. Porsche mech mentioned it when I was doing due diligence before buying mine as it appeared on the internal porsche warranty work database for a car I was looking at.

Fails, replaced under warranty usually. Takes a bit of strip down work to get it to open. Sorry but don't know what that work is :dont know: hope you get it sorted.

thanks Nick...:)
yep, under warranty - renewal only started yesterday too - it must be the 'fail after initial manufacturers warranty expires' part to generate quick revenue for the OPC.
foiled 'em on that one...

AA great as per usual; car now with OPC Hatfield 'we won't be able to look at it until Tuesday Sir' .. oh well - at least I've got a lovely XC60 hire car to keep me entertained....yawn

actually... dont think there's anything in the hire agreement that says I cant track it ..... :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back