Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

25 bags- its real

:hand: I won't be surprised if some 'shill' bidding takes place to artificially inflate the price beyond its true worth.

Breaking one of these for parts (excluding the use of the DVB calculator :roll: ) you're talking c12k-14k but you may have some parts and a garage full of shiote for a long time. Wiper widget would probably go first :thumb:

It's 'worth' less than 30 bags, end of. Otherwise you could do your dough :what:

The engine & box will be worth £12-15k, even with those miles. Wheels, Seats, Steering Wheel, Lights, Brakes, Mirrors and interior parts would also go quite quickly IMO.
Panels, suspension parts etc. would obviously take longer but the key would be to sell them via auction and not at a classified price with the inflated value that most sellers seem to dream up...! Lots of sellers with Steering Wheels, Alloys & Panels at ridiculous prices that have been around for weeks, months & years in some cases!

Anyway, back to the car in question. Fingers crossed there's no shill bidding. If it sells for near the asking then someone gets a good base Targa for depreciation proof hooning. If it sells for strong money then woohoo, 993's are finally showing their worth compared to G Series & 964 cars. :thumb:

C.

No comments are relevant until the hammer drops.

Do you think he polishes that gear stick every week?

if I was in the the market I'd be knocking his door and trying to blag it off him
i think the mileage will put a few people off
surprised he hasn't took it to cameron porsche to see what he thinks its worth

Zingari said:
It's not another one of George's is it :dont know:

Coming to a Farmhouse near you ...!
:floor: :floor:

Down a lane perhaps somewhere in the Cotswolds lies a bargain as long as he isn't called George !

Let's see where the hammer drops...

Having had a look at the ad in the cold light of this December day it looks sincere. Hopefully not 'Eatonised' (although I do wish the old beggar would pop up again- imagine the ribbing! Delicious).

Being a member of the Rocket Ship Brigade I'd make darn sure the (obscenely) long list of potential jobs, both small and large which can be associated with this sort of mileage, have been tackled. Otherwise you are looking at a 20k money pit without breaking a sweat.

Not knocking it as I purchased my car at 146k. Just saying it can be a different kettle of fish compared to something lighter on the odometer front because you'll be looking at replacing many smaller items along with the big ticket items if not already sorted.

Would expect 28-32k final auction price but just my dodgy wayward opinion!

alex yates said:
No comments are relevant until the hammer drops.

:agree:

MattyR said:

My money is on it not even making it to the end :judge:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
My money is on it not even making it to the end :judge:

:thumb:

:agree: It will be done outside of eBay and if quick someone will get it for 26. That's the start price so that's what he wants. :roll:

Jonttt will be jump starting the Boxster now after putting it in storage :floor:

Slightly slow out of the trap... the bidding has started. :grin:

C.

MattyR said:
Having had a look at the ad in the cold light of this December day it looks sincere. Hopefully not 'Eatonised' (although I do wish the old beggar would pop up again- imagine the ribbing! Delicious).

Being a member of the Rocket Ship Brigade I'd make darn sure the (obscenely) long list of potential jobs, both small and large which can be associated with this sort of mileage, have been tackled. Otherwise you are looking at a 20k money pit without breaking a sweat.

Not knocking it as I purchased my car at 146k. Just saying it can be a different kettle of fish compared to something lighter on the odometer front because you'll be looking at replacing many smaller items along with the big ticket items if not already sorted.

Although there is more chance the mileage on this car is genuine

Tell me more! The last time I was reading the George Eaton thread it was a fantastic Guards red s tiptronic, with a very low mileage, previously owned by a Lufthansa pilot and British army surgeon, I think. I saw that a poster on here was trying to buy it and it ended up being put on here on an ad on cars for sale at a grossly inflated price to the original asking price. What happened after that? Was it not the car that we all thought it was then?

nice seats

Albionmuz said:
Tell me more! The last time I was reading the George Eaton thread it was a fantastic Guards red s tiptronic, with a very low mileage, previously owned by a Lufthansa pilot and British army surgeon, I think. I saw that a poster on here was trying to buy it and it ended up being put on here on an ad on cars for sale at a grossly inflated price to the original asking price. What happened after that? Was it not the car that we all thought it was then?

Apparently greed doesn't pay and it was a rather hilarious wind up. It was actually one of those red and yellow kids cars, hidden in a barn in the South of England when he got there to buy it

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back