Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

25 bags- its real

SOUNDS like a bargain. if I was after a useable manual 993 Targa I'd certainly look into it further.

It was the sort of money I was hoping to spend when I was looking and ended up paying far more for mine a year ago (not sure the mileage would have bothered me that much either)

Illuminati wouldn't even consider it with incorrect seats.

Rialas said:
Illuminati wouldn't even consider it with incorrect seats.

:roll:

Cheap as chips :thumb: Needs to be c28 bags deffo less than 30

Anything over 32 and it's a conspiracy :hand:

........and the engine starts, even when its freezing!

No MOT since the 3rd May this year and had done 150,000 miles in 2008 so not many miles for his daily or an MOT!

^^^ So what you all saying then - It's too cheap so it must be knackered/CatD/Cardboard cut-out/Trilby wearing clutch rider :dont know:

Normally these are getting bigged up :bandit:

Not at all - probably a lovely car but something doesn't ring true with it being his daily driver with no MOT and a sketchy history - if he has owned for the last 4 years he has done 5000 miles in it - that's less than jonttt!

Might be worth a punt for someone but not me......

It's not another one of George's is it :dont know:

I would think a Manual 993 in any form must be worth £25k'ish in parts alone? Engine & Box highly sought after for 70's & 80's hot rods.

Considering what G Series & 964 Targa's are going for, this could be a bargain.

C.

Always amuses me when people get excited about ebay auction cars that have just been listed. "Oooh bargain!!" they cry.

Overlooking the fact that 1) it's an auction 2) the price they're talking about is only the starting price and 3) it has over 8 days left to run.

Anyway, fingers crossed though that nobody else bids and someone gets it for a maiden bid of £26k. Then and only then can it be described a bargain.

I dread to think how people would behave if it were listed starting at 99p...
Spitting out their stout and tripping over their sandals to fire off emails and get bidding I should think :D

squelch said:
Always amuses me when people get excited about ebay auction cars that have just been listed. "Oooh bargain!!" they cry.

Overlooking the fact that 1) it's an auction 2) the price they're talking about is only the starting price and 3) it has over 8 days left to run.

Anyway, fingers crossed though that nobody else bids and someone gets it for a maiden bid of £26k. Then and only then can it be described a bargain.

Spitting out their stout and tripping over their sandals to fire off emails and get bidding I should think :D

Can you blame someone who might want a 993 getting a little excited. Most manual 993s are the other side of 40k. As stated I'd certainly have been very interested before I bought mine. It may be a dog but no need to sneer because it's on eBay at a low starting price.

I won't be bidding but I'll definitely be watching to see if it even sells.

With so long still to go on the auction - there really isn't any reason to get excited. In the last hour of bidding it will almost certainly end up somewhat less of a bargain and more a representative number I suspect... :hand:

Albionmuz said:
squelch said:

Can you blame someone who might want a 993 getting a little excited. Most manual 993s are the other side of 40k. As stated I'd certainly have been very interested before I bought mine. It may be a dog but no need to sneer because it's on eBay at a low starting price.

I won't be bidding but I'll definitely be watching to see if it even sells.

I've not sneered at the car. In fact I didn't pass comment at all on the car itself - I think you've missed the essence of my post. The car actually looks a pretty good example, especially given the mileage.

I was just saying I don't see how people can say a car is cheap without actually establishing the selling price - it's an auction. And it's got 8 days still to run. It's great that someone's posted the link, but to get so excited so early on seems a little premature. If in 8 days' time it's still sat at £26k then some excitement would be expected.

You even state yourself that most manual 993's are the other side of £40k, so unless it is a dog why will it sell for its starting price (which is heavily suggested by people's excitement)???

I too have added it to the watch list and will watch with interest.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back