Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Fluid Leak

Fulla

I noticed that my brake resevoir in the front boot looked to have leaked. I am assuming this isn't normal?

The picture shows the fluid in the top. I am hopeful this will only mean the replacement of the screw cap?

Attachments

• mviylygarqs6du9fn2ozbg_144.jpg
    mviylygarqs6du9fn2ozbg_144.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,630
I would suggest cleaning it up with paper towels and then monitoring it to see if it comes back.

Im wondering if some fluid has been spilt when a brake fluid change or topping up has been done.

Have you recently had your brake pads changed? If so then fluid will have been pushed back into the resevior when the old pads were spread to remove them.

ATB :)

decgraham said:
Have you recently had your brake pads changed? If so then fluid will have been pushed back into the resevior when the old pads were spread to remove them.

ATB :)

No, pads last year I think. It might be nothing but I have noticed one of the brake warning lights stays on after start up. Only for a short time but wondered if that combined with the fluid meant I might need a new screen top.
I think they are about £25 which isn't too painful so I might clean it up ad replace it any how.

Brake fluid leak

Fulla

Do you have a C4s, if so it may be the accumalator (That the green spherical thing in the boot. Mine did the same as you are explaining, I first of all changed the gasket on the resivoir cap. You might want to strip the boot carpet out and see if there is any spillage.

Regards

Mark

The reservoir looks to be completely full hence the fluid trying to get out via the filling point.
Since there should be an air gap, it would suggest, fluid has been forced back in there. It's not just a cap seal issue.

More digging needed.. 🙂

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back