Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 2.1 sat nav problem

jaychief

Trainee
Well am living the C4s but I've just noticed the sat nav doesn't seem to be working,you can put a address in and it says calculating route but it doesn't do it, there is just a blue screen with a arrow in. In the bottom of the screen it says map off ????
I have looked every were but can't find details on it

This is the screen

Attachments

• 1747d89c_5485_4c8e_9f48_76d572e79dcb_118.jpeg
    1747d89c_5485_4c8e_9f48_76d572e79dcb_118.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,392
Check the GPS status - are you receiving any satellites or does it say 0 there?

jaychief said:
I think it says 0, we're could I double check ?

If it says 0 that is your problem - you are not receiving any satellite GPS info.

Have you had your pollen filter or you windscreen replaced recently ?

ok - the reason I asked that, is that the connection to the GPS antenna which resides just above the pollen filter and at the base of the windscreen on the passenger side is located there and can get dislodged.

If your PCM is not seeing any satellites and the value is 0 on the PCM screen. I would first check this connection and then also check the connection of the other end of the antenna into the GPS unit in your frunk - it terminates with a blue connector.

If all connections are sound it could be an issue with the GPC antenna itself or the GPS unit...

As monster says. I had exactly the same issue with mine last year following a windscreen change. It turned out the connector at the antenna end had worked free.

It probably is jaychief but I didn't do it myself as I had the windscreen company come back out to fix it. Not much help I'm afraid.

You could take a look at this workshop manual page (site won't let me paste the link) as it has a few pics of the gps antenna etc. Not great quality but might be enough to go on. :dont know:

Attachments

• gps_antenna_142.png
    gps_antenna_142.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 5,311
jaychief said:
It's it something I could do my self ?

If your handy yes definitely. The connections are easy to check, the one above the pollen filter is a bit fiddly to locate - I find sliding a mirror in is a good way to see it and ensure your fingers are heading in the right direction.

If you google some of the guides on how to change the pollen/cabin filter (its on passenger side on RHD cars), the antenna connection sits immediately above this - if you slide your mirror on top of the pollen filter facing upwards and maybe shine a light onto it you should see the connector!

So you car has had no work done on it recently that could have dislodged anything - its just stopped working out of the blue has it?

From memory you press the nav button , then press set then status .. that will show at the bottom of the screen how many satalites have been picked up.

If it shows that some have then its not the gps .. but to be fair after reading this I think it will be the gps .

If the blue plug on the gps is loose or you can wighgle it then it needs a new lead run to the Nav disc unit .

The usual problem and ive seen a lot of these is windscreen guys dont know its fitted to the panel so pull the panel without removing the lead .

This will ALWAYS break it although they often refit it and think its ok .

Had a look this morning for the the wire, must admit don't have a clue. But found a another wire wasn't plugged in, think its a heater washer plug....
I have looked on the internet but can't find a picture. Does any one have a picture of what am looking for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back