Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NANKANG NS2 - 3 year/30k review

493 on the back, 510 on the front. The rears are awesome.

Sundayjumper said:
Alex - which Falkens are you using ? I had FK451s all round and found them a bit "floaty" on the back, like they were constantly a bit soft. I've got Contis now and definitely prefer them.

what load rating were the falkens?

N rated tyres typically have very stiff sidewalls.

Typically when buying non n rated tyres I would look for the higher load rated tyre to get stiffer sidewalls.

92 all round. Made sure of that.

Full name here: FALKEN 225/40R18 FALKEN FK510 92Y XL

Sorry 453.

What size tyres are you running. I have NS2R on the rear of my 996 in 285 30r18 and some cheap Chinese rubbish on the front from the P.O thought of putting NS2R on the front so your review is really helpful. Running 225 40 18s on the front.

It's the stopping distances that worry me about budget tyres rather than the day to day handling. In all tests I have seen, the budget brands generally have faired badly compared with (most) premium brands and in an emergency with my family in the car, I don't want to be worrying about the few quid I have just saved.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres-2017

Nankang 7metres longer to stop than a Conti

I know it's a different model but it's against premium brands from the same categories too.

Also, Hankook fared well generally in this test, but poorly in the braking tests, especially in the wet

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/18309/the-best-tyres-2016-evo-tyre-test/page/0/2

That car was still doing 22mph at the point where the Conti-tyred car had stopped, which could very easily be the difference between walking away unscathed from an accident or not, or even worse if someone stepped out infront of you in a wet road.

Michelin are expensive but are consistently at the top of the scientific tests and are worth it for peace of mind IMVHO.

The Nankang in that test is a completely different tyre than the ns2. The ns2 is higher in their range. So no surprise the conti wins. What a farce.

Tyre pressure can also make a difference :what:

alex yates said:
The Nankang in that test is a completely different tyre than the ns2. The ns2 is higher in their range. So no surprise the conti wins. What a farce.

All the tyres in those tests are from the same categories from each manufacturer - it wasn't a Sport Contact 6 versus an entry level Nankang. It was an entry level Conti v an entry level Nankang.

Each to their own, and maybe the NS2 if tested would better all the premium brands, but until I've seen it tested scientifically, I'll stick to something that I know has been.

EDIT - just Googled and found this AutoBild German test

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2012-Auto-Bild-20-inch-Tyre-Test.htm

7th: Nankang NS2
Positive: Low rolling resistance.
Negative: Dangerously long braking distance in the wet, wet understeer, reduced steering precision, loud and uncomfortable.

:thumb:

'afternoon Alex

as you know I am a Falken convert. Had mine well over a year now and still plenty of tread. OK - i don't drive like a nutter but did plenty of hooning around in last years Dinslaken trip. Thinking of replacing them in April before this years trip. :thumb:

Osh

Good stuff Osh. I' m gonna do a write up on my front Falkens in a week or so. :thumb:

galahad said:
[
7th: Nankang NS2
Positive: Low rolling resistance.
Negative: Dangerously long braking distance in the wet, wet understeer, reduced steering precision, loud and uncomfortable.

So what you saying, they're no different to PlingPlongs :dont know: &th on the grid aint bad though

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back