Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Boba fett said:
I will contact 9E in the morning, not sure about software updates, looking at threads, there has been no changes, however, the 9E DSC module has 997.2 Written on it, mine fitted has not, unsure if there is a difference.

The one they sent me for my 997.1 Turbo also has 997.2 written on it.

I rang them and was told that they are definitely the same part.

ps. Great story about you now having two. :grin:

MaxA said:
that's a good one 8)

hopefully there was still someone on the waiting list

PS I've got a stock module if you want it.

if you haven't found a buyer i'll take it.

Pasm Upgrade

I've got Bilstein Damptronics & a Front Nose Lift Kit fitted to my 997.2 Turbo S,can i still fit this box to my after Market Suspension to Further improve my Car's Handling or is the Box only Suitable to OEM Suspension Please ?

Kind Regards,
Ian :thumb:

Re: Pasm Upgrade

ironside said:
I've got Bilstein Damptronics & a Front Nose Lift Kit fitted to my 997.2 Turbo S,can i still fit this box to my after Market Suspension to Further improve my Car's Handling or is the Box only Suitable to OEM Suspension Please ?

Kind Regards,

Hi Ian

Yes you can fit this and it will make an improvement - let me know if I can set you up with one

Ken

996ttalot said:
ironside said:

Kind Regards,

Hi Ian

Yes you can fit this and it will make an improvement - let me know if I can set you up with one

Ken

ironside said:
996ttalot said:
ironside said:

Kind Regards,

Hi Ian

Ken

I'm a Definite Then if this is the case Ken,my car is currently Sorn have you a contact Number please so i can order it from you ?

Appreciate the quick Rely :thumb:

My review of the DSC V1 is now published in issue 160 of Total 911 magazine in the Living The Legend section.

Attachments

• img_0508_101.jpg
    img_0508_101.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,486
  • img_0510_287.jpg
    img_0510_287.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,479
I agree with the review above, it is like having new suspension, it's more compliant, but controlled at the same time during normal driving and really noticeable when pressing on. There's no more mid-corner vagueness at the rear and noticeably dives less under braking and that's in normal mode. Sport mode is now usable on the road, it's firmer, but it still has a degree of compliance that just wasn't available with the standard setup. I also like how the module makes the Sport and PASM settings independent and the PASM setting is retained, that was an unexpected bonus.

My only regret is that I didn't get one sooner, although it was worth the wait to take advantage of the group buy. I reckon it's one of the best cost/benefits upgrades you can get without going too far from stock, especially for the UK roads.

A big thanks to everyone who organised the group buy :thumb:

Aaaarrggghh how did I miss this thread!

Didn't have a clue what was going on, if anyone's moving one on, or there's still a deal, can you let me know please?

:?

s2000db said:
Aaaarrggghh how did I miss this thread!

Didn't have a clue what was going on, if anyone's moving one on, or there's still a deal, can you let me know please?

:?
Group buy was £880+Vat but cannot match that now, but we still have 10% off our reduced price already which is £995+vat less 10% which is £895.50+vat. Just give Gemma a call on 01293226911 or email us at [email protected]

Ken

Jcx said:
My review of the DSC V1 is now published in issue 160 of Total 911 magazine in the Living The Legend section.

That's a spot on review IMO. I am now a month into having it fitted and drive mostly now in Sport PASM it has to be at the very top of anyone with a 997s list. Whether you like stock or modded cars makes no difference as the DSC just makes the car better and how it should have always been.
Great article Jcx :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Jcx said:

That's a spot on review IMO. I am now a month into having it fitted and drive mostly now in Sport PASM it has to be at the very top of anyone with a 997s list. Whether you like stock or modded cars makes no difference as the DSC just makes the car better and how it should have always been.
Great article Jcx :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil! Much appreciated. As K888ETH said, i should have done this upgrade sooner. Ho-hum. It's done now :)

A couple of questions if I may....

1. Is the unit totally undetectable by an OPC during servicing/warranty (obviously I'd remove it before servicing), my car is still under OPC warranty and I don't want it affected in any way.

2. Is the hardware for the unit different from the original item? In other words if you were able to access and program the original unit could it replicate the functionality of the DSC module, or is it far more sophisticated than that??

3. Now you've had it for a while, anyone not like it/don't think there's much improvement??

Thanks for your help guys...

s2000db said:
A couple of questions if I may....

1. Is the unit totally undetectable by an OPC during servicing/warranty (obviously I'd remove it before servicing), my car is still under OPC warranty and I don't want it affected in any way.

2. Is the hardware for the unit different from the original item? In other words if you were able to access and program the original unit could it replicate the functionality of the DSC module, or is it far more sophisticated than that??

3. Now you've had it for a while, anyone not like it/don't think there's much improvement??

Thanks for your help guys...

It is a different box in a different material and colour with a DSC sticker on it per my article. It is totally detectable if you look at it.

Now, will a service agent look at it? Who knows. But as an OPC is tasked with a speedy completion to get their bonus they dont have spare time.

Is it detectable by the OPC computer? dont know.

I believe the DSC box is a much faster processor than the original - that is part of its gain.

I am keeping mine. Its not going back :)

If you can afford to part with £1K+/- then do it. Its a great upgrade. If you can't, and many can't, then enjoy what you have.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back