Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It''s been a while ! But hopefully I''m ready soon

j8fbr

Been away for quite a while due to selling the GTS last year :sad:

Crap 18 months with my mum passing recently etc etc

Really miss our trackdays and Euro trips,

something keeps coming back to me won't go away, a little voice in my head saying GT3 !

I really need to stop torturing myself so here goes :

Do I go for 997GT3RS or 991GT3RS ? I'm not a total track nut but would like to start it up again with a few trips next year. Usual suspects will know what I mean. Not too bothered about appreciation but don't want to lose a load of money short term. Will they accept bitcoins
:floor: :floor:

I wish.

But seriously I have been flirting with these online :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710090127452

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...11-gt3-991/porsche-911-gt3-rs-2dr-pdk/7651705

Are the usual suspects still around uncle Danny & Nick ?

j8fbr said:
Been away for quite a while due to selling the GTS last year :sad:

Crap 18 months with my mum passing recently etc etc

Really miss our trackdays and Euro trips,

something keeps coming back to me won't go away, a little voice in my head saying GT3 !

I really need to stop torturing myself so here goes :

Do I go for 997GT3RS or 991GT3RS ? I'm not a total track nut but would like to start it up again with a few trips next year. Usual suspects will know what I mean. Not too bothered about appreciation but don't want to lose a load of money short term. Will they accept bitcoins
:floor: :floor:

I wish.

But seriously I have been flirting with these online :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710090127452

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...11-gt3-991/porsche-911-gt3-rs-2dr-pdk/7651705

Are the usual suspects still around uncle Danny & Nick ?

Both tremendous cars , what a difficult choice if that's the final shortlist.....

Both quite different and I can see the beauty in each of them ...........

I was really tempted with a 991GT3RS in OPC Leicester last year ..a beautiful car and the cabin is a great place to be .....I decided against it and didn't allow myself to even drive it in case I was tempted ...

....but tbh... I opted to keep my 997 for now and bought a Cayman GT4 in the end as I had always hoped that a more powerful Cayman would be available , ever since I bought my first one ...( it needed more power) ....I'm not able ( geographically ) to get track day time really so the road car is the better option in my case ...

Good luck in making that decision ...keep us posted on your choice ....

😎

Long time, good to see you've finally seen the light...

Danny and Nick will no doubt chime in at some point.

:thumb:

Both are stunning... :mrgreen:

On looks alone, I would go with the Purple Rain :worship:

:thumb:

porsche-911-gt3-rs-2dr-pdk-226750090-5.jpg

Oh, and just FYI, my $.02, Unless you're going to 991.2 I would stick with the epic Mezger 997, even though that purple looks fantastic.

Hi Jose, both of those are shoite, steer well clear pal.

991. Superb Motor car. You will slaughter all your pals on track, unless they have one as well....could be a bit lonely out there, probably topped and sliding on the value side, sheer numbers vs punters.when you slide off the track you will be going very fast indeed.

997.2 Im biased obviously. Much harder to extract a lap time from, more engaging to drive because of the manual box but requires you learn how to drive it. you will have fast caterhams and other 996/997 GT 3's to play with. Possibly could go up still (long term 5 to 10 yrs) far less of them about.

Both a bit posh for a track car.

^^ What Danny said

Welcome back, Jose :thumbs:

The downside of tracking an RS of any stripe is that very few people are doing it any more due to the cost of Insurance & general worries of putting miles on it and affecting the prospects of achieving top money at some point when you sell.

The 991 is too easy & forgiving to drive fast & is relatively uninvolving compared to the earlier cars. On top of that, the RWS is proving to be alarmingly fragile when the car is tracked, never mind the engine woes that have plagued the 991 GT cars.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a 997.2 GT3 instead of the 7.2 RS - half the price, 95% of the capability. Spend another few grand on sensible upgrades & you'll be at the same level as an RS on a track.

NXI20 said:
^^ What Danny said

Welcome back, Jose :thumbs:

The downside of tracking an RS of any stripe is that very few people are doing it any more due to the cost of Insurance & general worries of putting miles on it and affecting the prospects of achieving top money at some point when you sell.

The 991 is too easy & forgiving to drive fast & is relatively uninvolving compared to the earlier cars. On top of that, the RWS is proving to be alarmingly fragile when the car is tracked, never mind the engine woes that have plagued the 991 GT cars.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a 997.2 GT3 instead of the 7.2 RS - half the price, 95% of the capability. Spend another few grand on sensible upgrades & you'll be at the same level as an RS on a track.

If I was lucky enough to be in your shoes I would be inclined to agree.

For Euro road trips plus the odd tracks sesh there's not much a GT3 won't do, and will save you a load of cash,
This one has very little miles and is a nearly new car yet a saving of £80k.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711241541980

BChivs said:
This one has very little miles and is a nearly new car yet a saving of £80k.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711241541980

That's a ridiculous price for a comfort in a boring colour from a non-OPC. You'll be able to buy a Clubsport for less than that & it's much more suited to trackdays. Also, don't get too hung up on low miles if you're going to use it as you'll just be driving money out of it.

gen2 very complete and carry their prices well, but that one does look expensive, too close to 991 prices even with that mileage IMO and whilst its a road spec'd car, it doesn't seem to have the little comforts like full leather, PCM nav or cruise. Lovely looking though and black isn't boring! 8)

Senoj said:
991. Superb Motor car. You will slaughter all your pals on track, unless they have one as well....could be a bit lonely out there, probably topped and sliding on the value side, sheer numbers vs punters.when you slide off the track you will be going very fast indeed.

997.2 Im biased obviously. Much harder to extract a lap time from, more engaging to drive because of the manual box but requires you learn how to drive it. you will have fast caterhams and other 996/997 GT 3's to play with. Possibly could go up still (long term 5 to 10 yrs) far less of them about.

Both a bit posh for a track car.

Haha, 997.2 harder to extract a lap time! try that in a 996.2 GT3 or 996 RS

these makes the 997.2 RS seem like an F1 car

Thanks guys and glad to see your still about ( where's Gav ) no WiFi on his private island.

I'm not too bothered about miles if the right one came up and can't be bothered to go through the photo galleries of the ring to see if its been tracked.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back