Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Errr Sports Chrono Clock Hands fallen off!!

Have you thought of taking it to a Watch shop. Obviously taking it off the car first. It might be a quick fix for a good horologist :?:

gazbo666 said:
Have you thought of taking it to a Watch shop. Obviously taking it off the car first. It might be a quick fix for a good horologist :?:

now thats thinking outside the box. nice one :thumb: :thumb:

I'm not sure where the OP is based, but the small hands both look bent. Have they been exposed to extreme heat? The small hand that remains where it should be also looks to have a crack in the ring that attaches it to the pinion, if that is the correct horological term for the post that the hands attach to?

It should be an easy enough job for a watchmaker to replace the hands with some that look very similar to the originals for not a lot of money.

rob_p said:
20 mins max to swap it out for a new one - very simple DIY job.

The "very rare" colour scheme i think is just standard carrera (not S).
Mine looks the same as yours... sounds like wait for one to come up from a breakers.
I am surprised by how much they seem to sell for though.... I would have thought this was quite a niche part??

For a few fateful seconds I thought I had something rare on mine. But no :sad: it is just the standard Carrera clock I can confirm

GARY S said:
Another example of poor build quality of modern Porsche cars. By its 7th birthday my Gen 1 997 centre & passenger side air vents broken & passenger seat height adjustment failed. It had only done 28K miles.

For a bit of balance, my Turbo is nearly 11 years old with 42K miles and I've not had one trim issue. Even the rubberised PCM/heater controls are as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back