Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Number Plate, who's NOT running one?

peterzoom said:
Richard Rawlings his chum Dennis and folks like Jodie Kidd and many other well known, but perhaps surprising, names pop up throughout the book

Am I in it :dont know:

easternjets said:
RJW1881 said:
I can't think of a scenario I would want an AMPR to pick up my number plate?

you would do if your had been nicked and the police were trying to track it!

Nope,I hope it never happens but if it went missing I'd rather it stayed missing! From past experience it's easier all round.

Old mate on the M60 last night just paid his £80 transfer fee for BE11END.
140mph caught on camera.
lovinmanchester.com/news/insane-police-video-shows-140mph-motorway-chase

He'll do well if he can avoid prison I'd say :judge:
On other news he was sporting a front plate :grin:

Am I in it :dont know:[/quote]

Are you in it????
With your reputation, has nobody thought of the consequences :?:
:hand:

I have been running an illegally sized and spaced front plate on my daily for 10+ years. Never been stopped.

Picked my 911 up a few weeks back, took my plates with me and we tried everything to get the number plate to stick to the front, but because it was a short plate, wouldn't bend enough to stay so I decided to display it in the windscreen until I made the 25 mile journey home where I could then accurately drill some holes and permanently fit.

Sadly, half a mile from home I passed a fully marked car that spun around, pulled me and handed me a £100 fine for not correctly displaying.

I was perfectly polite, explained that I had literally only just collected it and had made every effort to properly display but the copper said they were taking a zero tolerance approach. Suffice to say, I now have a front number plate permanently attached.

I'm not running one, but that's only because I have temporary paper plates that stick to the inside of the windscreen and rear glass. My Finnish friends call it the 'yankee look' (because it looks like an import from California). As soon as I get the real plates from the authorities, they'll go on. I don't see the point of asking for trouble :cop:

I had a smaller plate on the front of my car. I went all around Spain and France without an issue and then one Sunday I was stopped 5 metres from my house. We have a new bridge near my house and it's a tool bridge and it's using the front plate to charge people so the police are hot on any cars without a plate. So I had to put a full size one. I still have a stick on in the same position but it's big. However I'm resisting putting it in the usual position because I want to see if the camera on the bridge will pick it up and also the police use the number plate to fire their lasers at when they want to scam you. Because it's flat and returns the radar nicely.

I heard that you can legally have on in the front window so I'm thinking of going down that route on the passenger side as the new plate is massive.

Small plate

Larger current one

Isysman, sorry but that looks terrible, it looks as if you've picked up some debris on the road and it's stuck to your bumper!
Can you not get away with a smaller stick on plate, surely as long as the numbers/letters are the legal shape and spacing they will pass a camera test?
You mention the cameras having a flat surface to bounce off, the truck drivers used to put CD's in the window which they reckoned dispersed the laser beams, think that might be wishful thinking!

Attachments

• 20171015_122757_176.jpg
    20171015_122757_176.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,264

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back