Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof / bicycle rack for 997

I'd strongly recommend using the Thule racks that clamp the front fork ends and the rear wheel rather than the down tube clamp style - seen a few down tubes cracked/dented, which is sub-optimal.

Here's mine:

30468943551_8a122d6e13_b.jpg

"Suction" bike rack

Evening,
I can see the Thule option looks great & sounds like it does the job but has anyone had or seen any Pockets with the suction type racks & if so any views on their use & reliability?

There is one, RockBros which gets good reviews in cycling forums & as I want it for my bike I figured it was worth seeing if anyone has this system other car & if they rate it or not?

Cheers,
Nick

Re: "Suction" bike rack

N1ckC said:
Evening,
I can see the Thule option looks great & sounds like it does the job but has anyone had or seen any Pockets with the suction type racks & if so any views on their use & reliability?

There is one, RockBros which gets good reviews in cycling forums & as I want it for my bike I figured it was worth seeing if anyone has this system other car & if they rate it or not?

Cheers,
Nick

There is also the Sea Sucker.

btw - I bought a Thule rack. Will give in a trail run next week. Pics to follow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back