Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very heavy clutch pedal and difficulty going into gear????

It's going in next week, I phoned up a localish Indy who didn't think it sounded like the slave cylinder and as I can't find anything in the pretty comprehensive history about the clutch having been replaced before I think it needs a proper assessment.

I'd also forgotten to factor in the track day i did a few weeks ago which probably has something to do with it!

Had a call from the garage, it's new clutch time. They'll let me know about IMS etc when they strip it down.

All done, IMS is fine, no play or leaks so they recommended to leave it. Nothing else needed doing but they did fit the slave cylinder as I'd bought it anyway, £660 delivered back to my home so I'm happy with that.

Yep and they said it looked like the original clutch, not bad for 123,000 miles!

Looking through the history on mine, it's had two clutches and the last one (23000 miles/4.5 years ago) was £1250 with the DMF. Did they pay over the odds or have you just got a stonking deal? I realise the DMF is an extra £360 in parts, but labour should be similar, I'd have thought.

andylaurence said:
Looking through the history on mine, it's had two clutches and the last one (23000 miles/4.5 years ago) was £1250 with the DMF. Did they pay over the odds or have you just got a stonking deal? I realise the DMF is an extra £360 in parts, but labour should be similar, I'd have thought.

Well I just bought a sachs clutch, luk flywheel, bolts and a new rms for £458 from CP4L.

The going rate for a clutch alone fitted is £650 or so.

So £1250 sounds a lot to me for clutch + flywheel fitted. Depends what else they did in there - brake pipe? AOS? IMS bearing inspection? RMS? Slave cylinder?

Thanks. I find it unlikely I'll need a clutch, but it's quite heavy, so having it looked at on Tuesday. Cheapest I can get those bits for at CP4L is £535 with the slave cylinder (£61) so not much more. SALE16 gets you 16% off at the moment.

I got quoted £1100 for a new clutch on my wife's Clio this week. Quite an impressive price for a £1500 car...

Break down of costs for mine was £270 for the Sachs clutch kit and £280 for labour, then plus the VAT.

andylaurence said:
I got quoted £1100 for a new clutch on my wife's Clio this week. Quite an impressive price for a £1500 car...

That is a rip off of OPC proportions.

Grey996 said:
Break down of costs for mine was £270 for the Sachs clutch kit and £280 for labour, then plus the VAT.

Thats more like it. Flywheel (8x tight bolts), RMS (£10) and ims bearing inspection and seal remove (lock cams) shouldn't add much more than an hour to the labour I would estimate.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back