Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 993 owner here! Some questions

911livin said:
Hi guys

I have now sold my GT3 and yesterday picked up 993 C2 manual..

Mark

Lovely car, saw your post on FB too :thumbs:

Look forward to the changes :popcorn:

:thumb:

Congrats with your purchase.
Thanks all for your references, I will be happy to help you with any HVAC issues.

If there's no response in fan or temp knobs, check your Fuse 1. I guess it is blown due to a failed main blower fan motor. This can of course be repaired.
While you are at it, check: Terminal X, Fuse 28 and Terminal 15, Fuse 17

Cheers,
Tore

911livin said:
cableguy said:
Nice looking car, is it Black or Midnight Blue as it's hard to make out from the pic posted?

Plans for weight reduction sounds like fun. What's the plan and end goal?

C.

cheers , its midnight blue.. long term goal is "lightweight touring" at the moment Im just making it look less frumpy.. will get body kit as soon as I have some coin but taking out air con and putting new wheels for now as it drives lovely, I love it

Cool. Bodykit? You going the usual RS look and what wheels are you going with?

C.

cableguy said:
Cool. Bodykit? You going the usual RS look and what wheels are you going with?

C.

Im going with RS touring kit, but doing it in stages.. right now Im making car lighter taking out bits and bobs.. wheels, I want some bbs.. lets see they aint cheap so I really need to sell my current wheels to get things moving

ToreB said:
Congrats with your purchase.
Thanks all for your references, I will be happy to help you with any HVAC issues.

If there's no response in fan or temp knobs, check your Fuse 1. I guess it is blown due to a failed main blower fan motor. This can of course be repaired.
While you are at it, check: Terminal X, Fuse 28 and Terminal 15, Fuse 17

Cheers,
Tore

Cheers Tore

I will check that all out in morning thanks! I checked fuse 17 and thats ok? of course faster go the hotter the air comming into cabin, but if I shut blowers off dash boards gets MEGA hot.. I just replaced heater bypass pipe to save some weight.. its a long road :grin:

A missing or malfunctioning rear fan will be detected by the Climate Control unit as a fault, and the two main blowers in front will be shut down.
The rear fan feedback wire must be connected to +12V to get the CCU to ignore the missing fan signal.
Malfunctioning mixer flap servos could be stuck in the open position, allowing heated air to flow continously to the cabin. This is also often seen when the heating ducts around the servos in the foot well side walls are teared or damaged, leaking air to the cabin.
Cheers,
Tore

When Im thrashing the car, I have the vents closed as heat is so hot its like a hairdryer in the face.. so I keep them closed and dash board gets so hot I can fry egg on it :eek:

Just going to have a look if I can find the flap servo in foot well

911livin said:
When Im thrashing the car, I have the vents closed as heat is so hot its like a hairdryer in the face.. so I keep them closed and dash board gets so hot I can fry egg on it :eek:

Just going to have a look if I can find the flap servo in foot well

Very useful if you live in Wigan as you'll be able to keep your pies warm :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back