Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Varioram Intake

Endoman said:
That vapour blasting looks really good, where did you have it done?

Jeff at JR Vapour Blasting 07891 432595, very local to your good self too (j4 M61) highly recommend his services, he does a lot of motorbike stuff. Check him out on Facebook.

Trev

Folks,
engine is now coming back together, the Varioram is now back on after vapour blasting and various new seals on actuators etc. Just needs final bottom actuator shaft seal, then all vacuum pipes connecting which all seem in great condition and flowing freely.

gKrdw6v.jpg

I seem to have a problem with the alternator belt I have bought which seems way too short, it's a 9.5 x 760, the fan belt in a 9.5 x 776 which seems fine, any ideas??.

Thanks

Trev

Trev,

That's odd as the measurements you cite seem to be correct.

I changed my alternator last year and bought two new belts so I just checked the order form for the parts and it was 1 x 760 and 1 x 776, the same as you have bought, and they fitted perfectly as replacements for the originals.

Do you have the ones you removed so you can compare them?

I remember thinking how annoying it was that they had 2 belts doing similar jobs. With almost the same dimensions so why didn't they just make them both the same size.

I think I also remember reading something at the time about some cars having an upgraded pulley in which case a 3rd belt size was required so perhaps you have one of the newer improved pulley's?

Marc

Marc, unfortunately no I don't I slung them a week or so ago, school boy stuff I know, I got the new ones from Design 911.

Just been onto OPC and they're saying for my car M64/21 I need 2 of the 9.5 x 776mm vbelts, so I've ordered a new one.

Doh!!

A993LAD said:
Trev,

That's odd as the measurements you cite seem to be correct.

I changed my alternator last year and bought two new belts so I just checked the order form for the parts and it was 1 x 760 and 1 x 776, the same as you have bought, and they fitted perfectly as replacements for the originals.

Do you have the ones you removed so you can compare them?

I remember thinking how annoying it was that they had 2 belts doing similar jobs. With almost the same dimensions so why didn't they just make them both the same size.

I think I also remember reading something at the time about some cars having an upgraded pulley in which case a 3rd belt size was required so perhaps you have one of the newer improved pulley's?

Marc

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Folks,
engine is now coming back together, the Varioram is now back on after vapour blasting and various new seals on actuators etc. Just needs final bottom actuator shaft seal, then all vacuum pipes connecting which all seem in great condition and flowing freely.

gKrdw6v.jpg

I seem to have a problem with the alternator belt I have bought which seems way too short, it's a 9.5 x 760, the fan belt in a 9.5 x 776 which seems fine, any ideas??.

Thanks

Trev

Trev,

That engine is looking sweet, I'll be calling on you when I drop mine. :thumb:

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back