Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM3 - telephone handset ?

Not seen that before - I wonder why :D

There is a telephone option that can be specified with PCM3 which enables the sim card slot in the unit and I guess this may be used in conjunction with this handset...

Most cars though seem to use the bluetooth option instead to achieve phone capability through an existing mobile phone.

On earlier 911s the handset option was always wired, but PCM3 introduced bluetooth and the handset option went to a bluetooth one as a consequence. IIRC the full PCM phone module was a prerequisite and there is also a thing that fits to the side of the centre console for it to sit on. The thing is - while I remember it being a configurator option, I have never once seen a 997.2 in the wild with it specified. Not exactly a shock given that to be able to have the cordless handset (which you can't use while in motion) you have to first option everything to have bluetooth handsfree for your mobile.

Yup. I have the SIM card slot but nowhere for this type of handset to sit ?

Ive seen them on Panameras and Cayennes in the center consol cubby .. never seen one on a 997 though .

From memory its was just a codeing option to get them to work , only wiring was for chargeing the battery in it .

I have one of these in my 2012 car, fixes onto a small mounting to the left of the PCM just above a passengers right knee.

Think the first owner must have been a salesman's dream as he went through the options list like a man possessed.

As mentioned above absolutely no practical use whatsoever but looks very cool and is always a talking point at meets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back