Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997.2 Owner in Scotland

ColinC said:
That's a nice shot - the proportions of the car are just right and the bridges don't look too bad either :thumbs:

My Grandfather worked on the first road bridge, his Grandfather worked on the rail bridge and I've driven over the new bridge - twice! Small world eh....

Enjoy your new car.....

My Grandfather was also involved in the construction of the Forth Road Bridge in the 1960s. I understand he was an engineer at Brown Brothers and supplied the suspension cabling.

I agree the 997 proportions are just right in this shot and we were very lucky with the low sun however as this image was taken with an iPhone there is slight distortion visible with the wheels. The other shot taken with Nikon D700 and 24-70mm unfortunately didn't get all the bridges in the frame! I'll post another couple of images.

Jonny996 said:
if you are looking for a good indy to look after it, highly recommend David Phillips Auto in Edinburgh

Thanks, always good to get a recommendation. I've got a two year warranty from Porsche but will keep them in mind for servicing once it's over.

M2SHD said:
Jonny996 said:
if you are looking for a good indy to look after it, highly recommend David Phillips Auto in Edinburgh

Thanks, always good to get a recommendation. I've got a two year warranty from Porsche but will keep them in mind for servicing once it's over.
:thumbs:

A couple more photos from that Autumn shoot. We were very lucky with the light and beautiful blue sky.

Attachments

• 997_frb_01small_104.jpg
    997_frb_01small_104.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 4,471
  • 997_frb_02small_183.jpg
    997_frb_02small_183.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 4,471
Very nice, worth every penny to wake and drive :grin:

I have to agree with the exhaust upgrades. I'm far from the vehicle change type of person, however I'm pleased I asked OPC to fit PSE, including Sport and Sport Plus, 2016 7 digit postcode as well as a few other things during a recent service.

If it wasn't for Porsche Warranty I would have fitted the IPE switchable exhaust which sounds absolutely awesome (watch youtube clips to see).

Enjoy :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back