Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rich_R's Imported LHD 997.2 4S

DynoMike said:
Hi Rich, good to meet you today at the emporium. Your car is very nice indeed in the flesh.

Mike

Ahhh hello Mike! I did wonder if you were on here!

Sorry to have kept you waiting. Chris was a little thrown off when the airbag light came on (as he'd the door card off). When I got home I fitted a new battery and the light went straight off (as I thought it would). I called CG (spoke to Jayne) to let Chris know I'd sorted it so he could sleep tonight.

Love your Turbo, hope you get to the bottom of that issue. Hopefully catch you soon in the near future kind sir!

:)

As promised, here's the before and after pics with the 7mm and 15mm spacers fitted. Also note that the later pics are with the 295 section rear winter tyres (where the before pic is with the standard 305's).

Overall, I'm very pleased with the 7mm and 15mm setup. I probably would say you could go 10mm to 12mm on the front.

Before:

38507422636_123b4ed47b_k.jpg

38507419156_64cbe1f678_k.jpg

After:

37846986654_073aa981b1_k.jpg

24691622658_2369a79397_k.jpg

24691802248_2b2fb5fcfc_k.jpg

Great to see you brought her back home with you.

Looks in lovely condition.

Must get mine properly balanced...

Since my car is a rust/ corrosion free example but had spent its entire life so far in abrasive sandy conditions it made sense to protect it from the salty UK roads (plus this awful damp climate we have here in Blighty). Investing in my investment as such. Yes I appreciate all 997's will have some underseal from the factory, but whether my Gulf spec car has the same level of cover compared to a normal EU spec car I am unsure. Either way, there no harm in adding more and covering the alloy components as well.

It's currently undergoing a full Dinitrol treatment (clear coat) at an approved Dinitrol center.

Few pics from the chap doing the work:

38839144682_256e6ed78c_h.jpg

38869343541_59a70b7509_z.jpg

25018672568_1b18f1591a_z.jpg

HSC911 said:
Do you know how much the tax/duty would have been if you weren't a returning citizen :?:
I did the same too as Rich r this year except I was bringing in a Jaguar. I looked into the how much the tax would have been and it's 20% VAT on the new price of the car (I was located in Riyadh) and a further 10% import duty. However, as a returning UK citizen, I avoided these taxes also.

~ Maxie

Hi Rich,
Great decision to keep your handsome motor and the upgrades sound perfect.
Which wheel spacers did CG fit - any links?
:thumb:

Scholester said:
Hi Rich,
Great decision to keep your handsome motor and the upgrades sound perfect.
Which wheel spacers did CG fit - any links?
:thumb:

Cheers! I supplied the spacers to CG. I bought them off eBay which another forum recommended (eBay seller: tech_world_direct).

I've done about 500 miles so far with no issues.

Headed to Slovakia over Xmas and NYE for a spot of skiing. Really impressed with how the 4S copes in the snow!

25519791958_7aadd40e0d_k.jpg

Spotted this photo that a local Slovak had posted on Instagram:

39451708201_4e865002b2_b.jpg

Absolutely stunning car. :thumb:

What wheels are they, Rich? Are they Porsche wheels?

toffeeman said:

Thanks! They're the standard/OEM wheels what came on the Gen 2. I think they are called "Carrera S II"

Rich_r said:
toffeeman said:

Thanks! They're the standard/OEM wheels what came on the Gen 2. I think they are called "Carrera S II"

I love them. I'm not a fan of many of the 997 wheel range but they look great, particularly in the first pic.

Rich, great pictures in the snow in Slovakia :thumb:

Are you running winter tyres?

Great winter shots! I'm not jealous at all that you got to drive on snow...

DRZ911 said:
Are you running winter tyres?

Yes I am. Nokian N rated ones.

MaxA said:
Great winter shots! I'm not jealous at all that you got to drive on snow...

I'm sure you will get proper snow soon enough!

Just out of interest, which Nokian Tyres? WRD3?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back