Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

nickjonesn4 said:
New more aggressive cams
Port cylinder heads
Live remap
Custom exhaust (maybe)

Hey Nick, this sounds like a very interesting plan .. I've seen the results of Richard chamberlains work on a friends 993RSR, very impressive indeed.

I hope you don't influence emptying of my wallet! :grin:

ballcock said:
nickjonesn4 said:
New more aggressive cams
Port cylinder heads
Live remap
Custom exhaust (maybe)

Hey Nick, this sounds like a very interesting plan .. I've seen the results of Richard chamberlains work on a friends 993RSR, very impressive indeed.

I hope you don't influence emptying of my wallet! :grin:

Ha. Probably best to unsubscribe from this thread!

cableguy said:
Nice list and amen for doing it your own way. :thumb:

Quaife are good but have a look at the OS Giken LSD. Highly regarded in the 993 World.

Looking forward to further updates.

C.

These guys can supply and fit the OS Giken diffs. Abiut 60% more than Quaife but I keep seeing that maybe Quaife quality control not what it was. Decisions decisions.

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:
Nice list and amen for doing it your own way. :thumb:

Quaife are good but have a look at the OS Giken LSD. Highly regarded in the 993 World.

Looking forward to further updates.

C.

These guys can supply and fit the OS Giken diffs. Abiut 60% more than Quaife but I keep seeing that maybe Quaife quality control not what it was. Decisions decisions.

I'd be interested in a price. I've got a few jobs to sort over winter and will be looking at adding an OS Giken LSD sometime next year.

C.

Hi , all sounding great. But have a think on installing the RS shifter (i haven't the golden rod fitted and personality believe it's not required), but the RS stick is taller and makes for a more more comfortable change compared to the original, the actual reduction in throw is minimal. I've toured a lot and it's a lovely upgrade for the car. You'll notice the difference straight away.

wozy said:
Hi , all sounding great. But have a think on installing the RS shifter (i haven't the golden rod fitted and personality believe it's not required), but the RS stick is taller and makes for a more more comfortable change compared to the original, the actual reduction in throw is minimal. I've toured a lot and it's a lovely upgrade for the car. You'll notice the difference straight away.

Thanks for that. Sounds great. Don't suppose you have .a link to one?

Edit; this one? https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=1064

Nick- i fitted the goldenrod, and the RS gear lever linkage, and i liked the overall effect, it shortens the throw and it places the gearknob in a better position. fair bit of work involved fitting the lot, but easily doable DIY with ramps or enough access. Jackals site provided more than enough information.
not cheap to get the right bits but if you are keeping the car and doing the right repairs/mods as it appears then go for it i say.

with regard to remapping etc, if it needs top end work then by all means go the extra mile for headwork etc, i and others managed 300+bhp and a noticeable perk up just by backboxes and Wayne Scholfields wizadry.

ChrisT70 said:
Nick- i fitted the goldenrod, and the RS gear lever linkage, and i liked the overall effect, it shortens the throw and it places the gearknob in a better position. fair bit of work involved fitting the lot, but easily doable DIY with ramps or enough access. Jackals site provided more than enough information.
not cheap to get the right bits but if you are keeping the car and doing the right repairs/mods as it appears then go for it i say.

with regard to remapping etc, if it needs top end work then by all means go the extra mile for headwork etc, i and others managed 300+bhp and a noticeable perk up just by backboxes and Wayne Scholfields wizadry.

Cheers. I really like the throw of the standard box. Would love to have a shot on a car with the RS linkage but I think it sounds like going with just the lever might be the answer.

I'm set on the engine work and aiming for 325-340BHP to be honest. Plus knowing I will have a bulletproof engine for the next 80k miles. Appreciate that won't make sense to some but vive la difference!

nickjonesn4 said:
wozy said:

Nope, thats just a cover, your original cover will fit back over it. .. this one
http://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=1522520

Blimey the price as gone up, I paid £90.00. Still cheap as chips though. Might be worth asking your local OPC for a quote.

Becareful installing, Jackals fab site doesnt show everything. You need to turn some plate upside down (or something like that) or the shift wont be as short as it should be)..... Well I'm sure thats what my Indy told me .... Actually thats not much of use for you really :D

Like I've said previously. Personally I just don't think you need the 'golden rod' thingy. Lots of money, it may make it a tighter more race like shift in the gate, but I've absolutly no issues with mine, the shift is lovely.
If I'd really thought it was required, I'd have installed it. Just personal preference I guess.

wozy said:
nickjonesn4 said:
wozy said:

Nope, thats just a cover, your original cover will fit back over it. .. this one
http://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=1522520

Blimey the price as gone up, I paid £90.00. Still cheap as chips though. Might be worth asking your local OPC for a quote.

Becareful installing, Jackals fab site doesnt show everything. You need to turn some plate upside down (or something like that) or the shift wont be as short as it should be)..... Well I'm sure thats what my Indy told me .... Actually thats not much of use for you really :D

Like I've said previously. Personally I just don't think you need the 'golden rod' thingy. Lots of money, it may make it a tighter more race like shift in the gate, but I've absolutly no issues with mine, the shift is lovely.
If I'd really thought it was required, I'd have installed it. Just personal preference I guess.

Ah yes that would make more sense. I'm rinsed on painkillers at the moment so not thinking straight!

Will look into it

Cheers

Got these from my paint shop guy this morning. Being reassembled todat and picking up Monday to go on rhe car next week. Really pleased with the colour.

Pics of them on car to follow

Colour looks great but i'm now gutted... When you mentioned the rims in your earlier post you stated they were Work Meister's, however these are Equip's.

I'm sure they'll suit the car well.

C.

cableguy said:
Colour looks great but i'm now gutted... When you mentioned the rims in your earlier post you stated they were Work Meister's, however these are Equip's.

C.

Carl just had a proper look through these and you are right! They are Work Equip Anhelos. An ever rarer rim to be honest and something like £6k new for the set. From the right era too as these were out on a lot of NSXs as I recall.The fitment is right. They look ace on the car and can't wait to see them in the new colour. You won't be gutted when you see them on the car

Other bonus is that centre caps will now fit!

Good spot sir. :thumbs:

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Carl just had a proper look through these and you are right! They are Work Equip Anhelos. An ever rarer rim to be honest and something like £6k new for the set. From the right era too as these were out on a lot of NSXs as I recall.The fitment is right. They look ace on the car and can't wait to see them in the new colour. You won't be gutted when you see them on the car

Haha I told you Equippe Lol!
It was a German dealer I got them Off, he sells speed lines and other rare rims. Love to see these on the car when finished it will be stunning. They are perfect offset on a WB
:thumb:

ChrisT70 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Haha I told you Equippe Lol!
It was a German dealer I got them Off, he sells speed lines and other rare rims. Love to see these on the car when finished it will be stunning. They are perfect offset on a WB
:thumb:

You did. These have been out of production for some time and were in fact the precursor to the MeisterS1 3p which replaced them. It's why they look so similar. I actually had a set of these on a Golf many moons ago. Early onset senility I think to not spot them

They will go on the car end of next week Chris, very exciting! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back