Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice looking 997

Nervy said:
Yes, I have full photos of the colour change (before, during and after) and have spoken to the garage who painted it. It was just a colour change to suit the previous owners taste, there was no damage whatsoever. I had it fully inspected prior to purchase too, and all seems well.

However, because I am officially a penis who cannot leave things well enough alone, in the three days since purchasing it, I've already wasted a fortune on cold air induction, a panel filter and 200 cell cats. Next on my list are some nicer wheels, but I'm yet to find anything I like enough to make that blinding white light go off in my head that usually precedes all my money disappearing. My last 3 911s have ended up by default with BBS LMs but I'm trying really, really hard to keep my hands in my pockets this time and find something else that I like more.

I give it about another 5 minutes, because penis.

I too am a bit unsure about the interior, though I will say it looks nicer in the flesh. For now, on the grounds there's less left unblue, I'm going to try getting the centre bits and remaining steering wheels parts done in blue too (well, in for a penny, and the rest of the car is the antithesis of subtle anyway- it's like being trapped in an Instagram filter) but if that doesn't work, they'll likely all go to a graphite grey or equivalent.

In the meantime, I secretly rather love it, despite the fact I should probably know better. Oh well, there's plenty of time to be grown up later, right?

Btw, I've tried to post a couple of pics but apparently they're all Too Big at almost no meg, so you'll just have to imagine something that is questionably Blue, then picture my big fat face in it grinning like an idiot.

I do agree with your thought that you dont buy a Riviera car and try to maintain any precondition your a shy wall flower type :grin: in which case go for it on the interior :thumb: re the wheels if you want to keep a bit of cash in your pocket but still put an interesting alloy on the car have a look at vertini magic concave alloys with a Porsche offset. there is a UK distributor :thumb: :thumb:

Looking forward to the journey on this one. Likely to pop along to any of the meets?

Thanks all, that's very kind. It's nice to be back here after a few years away ruining every single facet and feature of myself on motorbikes. I didn't realise how much I missed having a 911 in my life until I stopped getting let out of junctions.

I really like the look of those Vertinis. Who is the uk supplier, please? I'm probably being thick, but all I could find was expired ebay links and saloon cars in the US that look like one of those caricature of cars you used to see everywhere.

The only other wheel I found that I liked (and I'm actively avoiding how much I love the look of degree locks) were the BBS CH-R but I'm not a huge fan of the polished rim, at least not for this car.

Given this is a 2S narrow body car, does anyone know if the Vertinis or the BBS will fit straight on without clearance issues? There's obviously a LOT of spacer talk on this forum (twas ever thus) but I'm not quite ready for the bigger threads yet. I think all the blue might be making me tired.

Perhaps I can keep you all posted as the interior comes along, and you can All press gang me into decorum if it ends up looking like Dr Manhattan exploded in there?

Attachments

• 407472c6_3179_44cb_8cb3_ac0e86462129_196.jpeg
    407472c6_3179_44cb_8cb3_ac0e86462129_196.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,954
Nervy said:
(and I'm actively avoiding how much I love the look of degree locks).

Centre locks, obviously. Stupid apple update idiocy.

Nervy said:
Thanks all, that's very kind. It's nice to be back here after a few years away ruining every single facet and feature of myself on motorbikes. I didn't realise how much I missed having a 911 in my life until I stopped getting let out of junctions.

I really like the look of those Vertinis. Who is the uk supplier, please? I'm probably being thick, but all I could find was expired ebay links and saloon cars in the US that look like one of those caricature of cars you used to see everywhere.

The only other wheel I found that I liked (and I'm actively avoiding how much I love the look of degree locks) were the BBS CH-R but I'm not a huge fan of the polished rim, at least not for this car.

Given this is a 2S narrow body car, does anyone know if the Vertinis or the BBS will fit straight on without clearance issues? There's obviously a LOT of spacer talk on this forum (twas ever thus) but I'm not quite ready for the bigger threads yet. I think all the blue might be making me tired.

this is the UK supplier
http://projexuk.com/wheels/vertini

found the most appropriate riviara pic I could lol. plus a pic of them on my narrow body gen1 and wide body gen2 :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_3817_590.jpg
    img_3817_590.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,652
  • 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_740.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_740.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,649
  • porche_with_vertini_magic_matte_black_2_335.jpg
    porche_with_vertini_magic_matte_black_2_335.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,649
Oooo. Those look great! Thank you. Fingers crossed they're not terrifyingly expensive. I've actually been tempted by that trophy graphic too, as I think it needs something to tie the two black bits together. I love the fluro script on your calipers, looks fantastic.

How did you manage to superimpose that picture of another Riv blue car outside my house? We're supposed to have protection from this sort of thing from the group of surly 15 year olds on the corner with bmxs. :)

Nervy said:
I like it too.

I like it so much, in fact, that I bought it.

Brilliant :grin:

:welcome:

I love black wheels on a bright coloured car 8)

I like bikes, tell us more...and 911's of course so what did you have before?

:thumb:

I've previously had a 996 C4, 996 C2 and a 996 Mk1 GT3 Clubsport. I also used to 'write' for Total911 magazine (translation: rant about something/ anything/ my wife, then tack on the sentence 'and in a number of ways, that's a lot like Porsche/ that's not like Porsche' dependent on my relative grumpiness). I am a massive idiot for Porsche's. For all things, actually, but particularly Porsche's. And crisps.

It's actually been a few years since I had a 911 as I sold my GT3 to do bike stuff while I was still able. Feels nice to be back in one for a little bit though, albeit one that seems Hell bent on generating disappointed faces from other road users when they notice the disparity of handsomeness between the car and its driver.

Nervy said:
I am a massive idiot for Porsche's. For all things, actually, but particularly Porsche's. And crisps

Hit me with it then, what's your favourite :dont know:

Mine:

1. Brannigans Roast Beef & Mustard
2. Monster Munch Beef & Onion
3. 5p Onion rings (now probably £1.10p)
4. Chipstix (S&V)
5. Frazzles

hi5.gif

Nervy said:
Feels nice to be back in one for a little bit though, albeit one that seems Hell bent on generating disappointed faces from other road users when they notice the disparity of handsomeness between the car and its driver.

You have the same problem as me then :grin:

Oh my gosh. Those are some good numbers.

I'm actually amazed that I haven't seen you at the regional crisp meets, given your excellent taste. When do you get inducted into the Crisp Eaters Guild? For myself, I'm just waiting on the outcome of my Frazzling (it's their version of Hazing, only fractionally more bacon-y), then hopefully I'm in. Can't wait to start wearing the members jerkin. It's wipe-downable, apparently.

Nervy said:
Oh my gosh. Those are some good numbers.

I'm actually amazed that I haven't seen you at the regional crisp meets, given your excellent taste. When do you get inducted into the Crisp Eaters Guild? For myself, I'm just waiting on the outcome of my Frazzling (it's their version of Hazing, only fractionally more bacon-y), then hopefully I'm in. Can't wait to start wearing the members jerkin. It's wipe-downable, apparently.

:floor: :floor: :floor:
mines Brannigans Roast Beef & Mustard although I did try some new little cheese flavoured cones yesterday worked perfectly for scooping up taramasalata and hummus :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
although I did try some new little cheese flavoured cones yesterday worked perfectly for scooping up taramasalata and hummus :grin: :thumb:

Oi Phil
wedgie.gif

Can you stop taking threads off topic PLEASE!!! :hijack:

I have not included any Crisps that are dippable/scoopers...that is a whole new sport let alone ball park!!!
squashsm.gif

What are these cone things :?: :grin:

For European road trips you cannot beat these suckers...

Attachments

• img_3269_186.png
    img_3269_186.png
    930 KB · Views: 1,582

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back