Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question for those who have removed their center console

roocat

Trainee
My car is warm and toasty when required except one spot, immediately to the left of my ar$e/upper thigh. It feels like the cold air is getting in from the outside somehow and if i feel the plastic on that part of the console its freezing cold (if cold outside).

This seems odd to me and whilst i could live with it, after a while a cold thigh can get pretty annoying. Googling doesn't reveal much so i'm guessing this is unusual (and it's not in my head )

For those who have had a look beneath the console or removed it, can you think of anything that would cause this?.

Thanks in advance!

Best guess .. where the handbrake cables come through into the center consol or if a manual then perhaps the gear cable linkage rubber has pulled back ( large rubber block ).. only way to tell is remove the center consol and check im afraid .

Demort said:
Best guess .. where the handbrake cables come through into the center consol or if a manual then perhaps the gear cable linkage rubber has pulled back ( large rubber block ).. only way to tell is remove the center consol and check im afraid .

ok cheers, it is a manual yes. Thanks for the info, makes sense, will get it checked out if i can't live with it.

Demort is spot on as usual. The handbrake wires exit under the back of the console right where yours is cold. There are a few foam pads inside the internals of the console that I always thought were to limit noise, but they are more likely insulation. If you open the box lid you can see the thick walls either side of the console. The foam is stuffed into the underside of those with poor glue and tape. Bet they have moved or are missing.

G2 said:
Demort is spot on as usual. The handbrake wires exit under the back of the console right where yours is cold. There are a few foam pads inside the internals of the console that I always thought were to limit noise, but they are more likely insulation. If you open the box lid you can see the thick walls either side of the console. The foam is stuffed into the underside of those with poor glue and tape. Bet they have moved or are missing.

brilliant - thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back