Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS Prices

You can certainly haggle with an OPC, but with one GTS in the network, I suspect that they will hold out for top dollar. If you're in a position to make a fair offer give it a go, only they know what it owes them and you might get lucky if they're not moving much due to the time of the year. Good luck!

Saw a nice black GTS at Chester OLD this afternoon.

FZP said:

Thanks for the heads up FZP, defo the car I'm looking for but 10k over budget...

After this thread and a bit of digging I think my mileage just went up!

A kidney of the black market will do 10k :floor:

FZP said:

What is Chester OLD? Old Lady Drivers? :?

Yes OPC. BLOODY DICTIONARY!!!!!. I have this issue all the time. I very rarely want to use the term "ducking" but my phone seems to think I do.

FZP said:
Yes OPC. BLOODY DICTIONARY!!!!!. I have this issue all the time. I very rarely want to use the term "ducking" but my phone seems to think I do.

:floor: :floor:

You can add it to the Shortcuts so it spells all the words that you want it to....just checked mine, looks like all the words that you'd tell a foreign person to learn when teaching them English :grin:

:thumb:

Froe82 said:
Yep...

Looks like I either need to up my budget or wait it out! (Could be waiting a long time) :sad:

How much more expensive are OPCs than your 911virgins etc? You get a 2 year warranty so they must factor that into the price.

Also does anyone have any experience in haggling with these guys?

Thanks for all the advice.

Yes you can haggle.

You have to be careful though as the price will include 2 year warranty (its not the same as the original warranty but as good as in my books). The first thing they will do is 'remove this" which would drop the price by c£3k. The trick is to negotiate a price including the 2 year warranty as that is the main benefit from buying from an OPC. Nb hey will give up the warranty first but then try to push other 'Insurance" type products on you. I swear they make more from those than selling a car they way they try to push them.
I would think you could get c£3k off the car and retain the 2 year warranty ;-)

jonttt said:
Yes you can haggle.
You have to be careful though as the price will include 2 year warranty (its not the same as the original warranty but as good as in my books). The first thing they will do is 'remove this" which would drop the price by c£3k. The trick is to negotiate a price including the 2 year warranty as that is the main benefit from buying from an OPC. Nb hey will give up the warranty first but then try to push other 'Insurance" type products on you. I swear they make more from those than selling a car they way they try to push them.
I'd be amazed if you could get £3k off a 997 GTS from an OPC! The best discount I was offered around £1300 by using their finance. I didn't want that and asked for a straight cash price - their offer was hilarious! You'll like this....

.... on a £74,990 car they offered me.... and I kid you not, £240 discount!! Yes £240!! (copy email attached).

I really wanted to tell them to poke it but this really was the best on the market at the time (hence the high price - I reckon may be the only one who loses money on a GTS!! :sad: ) and having had disappointing viewings of other GTS's I thought I'd persevere. After over two hours at the OPC exploring many options including a gamble based on the outcome of the 111 point check (it was yet to go through the workshop) I achieved £1500 discount. Dropping the warranty was not an option - as a Porsche Approved Used Car sale the warranty is part of the package. Besides, the actual warranty cost to Porsche is very low (and underwritten by a separate part of the business) versus the perceived high value to the customer. Removing it will certainly not result in a £3k reduction.

Anyway, the good ones don't seem to hang around, so one thing's for sure, once you've found the one for you try to secure it promptly.

Attachments

• capture_149.png
    capture_149.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 4,911
squelch said:
jonttt said:
Yes you can haggle.
I'd be amazed if you could get £3k off a 997 GTS from an OPC! The best discount I was offered around £1300 by using their finance. I didn't want that and asked for a straight cash price - their offer was hilarious! You'll like this....

.... on a £74,990 car they offered me.... and I kid you not, £240 discount!! Yes £240!! (copy email attached).

I really wanted to tell them to poke it but this really was the best on the market at the time (hence the high price - I reckon may be the only one who loses money on a GTS!! :sad: ) and having had disappointing viewings of other GTS's I thought I'd persevere. After over two hours at the OPC exploring many options including a gamble based on the outcome of the 111 point check (it was yet to go through the workshop) I achieved £1500 discount. Dropping the warranty was not an option - as a Porsche Approved Used Car sale the warranty is part of the package. Besides, the actual warranty cost to Porsche is very low (and underwritten by a separate part of the business) versus the perceived high value to the customer. Removing it will certainly not result in a £3k reduction.

Anyway, the good ones don't seem to hang around, so one thing's for sure, once you've found the one for you try to secure it promptly.
Go on then.. ...show us a pic

Attachments

• img_8277xxxxxxxxx_104.jpg
    img_8277xxxxxxxxx_104.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,862
Seems they have tightened up all round on 997.2 prices all round & know they can sell them due to demand, particularly the GTS model.
A few years ago they were open to fair discounts on cash buyers but from your email it looks like they're pretty secure that's what's selling.

squelch said:
jonttt said:
Yes you can haggle.

I can only confirm as per my actual experience ie you can purchase with variations of the used approved warranty down to zero and they put a value of £1500 pa in my case. They would discount the car in 6 monthly stages based on that.

It obviously depends on OPC and car / timing but I got £3k off sticker price and retained the full warranty. Took us half an hour going round the houses to shake hands on the deal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back