Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement engine mounts

crash7 said:
964 RS mounts are also fitted to the 993 RS.

Standard 996 mounts come from a 993 Carrera.

64/93 Mounts are semi solid and as stated bolt straight onto a 996, you do however require a bolt and four washers per mount to get them to fit.

The RSS mounts are based on the Porsche RS mount.

Very interesting I will dig deeper :thumb: :thumb:

If you want part numbers shout, fitting is very easy.

There is good info on Speed6

sorry to the op but some more info on the 993/964 rs mounts

part numbers from d911

96437504381KIT x1 £111.72
90008211801 x2 £8.37
99908421501 x2 £4.00
90130531100 x4 £20.25

prices above are inclusive of vat and for the total quantity required.

You also need 4 thick washers which are expensive so i sourced the same spec on ebay for considerably less £5.42 for 5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300891307854

total cost for all the required parts are £149.76 plus d911's delivery charge.

the bolts could be sourced elsewhere for less and you can reuse the nuts off your current mounts if there in good condition but there both cheap enough from d911.

kmk8CVW.jpg

lGMPxSX.jpg

i wrote a post above this with part numbers and photos anyone know why it's not showing?

Fixed it the eBay link was the issue

Thomp1983 said:
I recently did these, I went with 964 rs mounts from d911 they were about £160 all in and are a huge improvement to the way the rear end feels

Are these fluid filled like the 996? Where did you get them from?

I've seen lots of topics on engine mounts.. Might have to change mine.

993 RS ones should be the ticket?

Ok so found the 964 RS mounts but there not sold with the fixings, Anyone know where i can get them from?

captain caveman said:
Ok so found the 964 RS mounts but there not sold with the fixings, Anyone know where i can get them from?

The fixings and mounts are available from design 911, if you go back a few posts I've listed all the part numbers and a couple of pictures

FWIW I have some experience with engine mounts on my GT3.

Changed from OEM to RSS a few years ago as well as upgrading my gearbox mount to the latest 997 version. This was a vast improvement bit did increase the cabin noise slightly.

In the search for perfection (for me) I now have Cantrell 95 shore hardness urethane inserts in my gearbox mount and Rennline solid engine mounts. Ok it's noisy but its not my daily drive so its not an issue for me. However it feels so direct and connected that I absolutely love it. Its improved the throttle response, handling and gearshift.

Get the mounts and fixing from your local OPC, the cost will be lower than D911

I've fitted the RSS Semi-solid mounts to mine (98 C2) - fantastic improvement, beautifully made and no increase in NVH that I can detect. Not the cheapest option but possibly the best....

You might want to change the transmission mount to a 997 version. I did when changing to RSS engine mounts. Feels really nice and tight and reduced gearbox change slop when driving fast.

I just did my rear mounts (standard replacements) and a gearbox mount insert which has tightened things up nicely. Pulling away feels much smoother however one of the rears was in a pretty bad way and not really doing anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back