Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tucked up for winter

Albionmuz

Barcelona
Reluctantly garaged my car for a few months today, 30 odd miles from my house as I don't have a usable garage. Decided I couldn't leave the car exposed to the elements all winter. Hoping to get a days drive on a Saturday or Sunday, weather being decent over the next few months.

I envy those of you who have a dry garage at home. Getting mine rebuilt shortly so hopefully by next winter I'll have a garage at home for the car.

Do you just keep driving though the winter months and do you garage when not in use or leave on the drive/street?

Am I being precious? *Awaits Zingari telling me I am* :bye:

You are and Zingari will affirm.
I used to have a pre impact bumper car on the drive all year around (before the 12 year anti corrosion warranty was introduced).

My view would be...

If you don't have a garage then putting it away makes sense

If you do have a garage why wouldn't you at least leave yourelf the option of using it on beautiful sunny winter days??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back