Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Two 991 Cabrio's - Many Questions

911_AS

I'm considering changing to a 991. I've found two which I like the look of, and wanted to gage the opinion of you lot to hear your thoughts.

Car 1-
http://www.sytner.co.uk/porsche/car-search/7867811-porsche-911-s-2dr-pdk-cabriolet/

Car 2-
https://www.sellyourcarwithus.co.uk/vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U992/

Car 1 has more miles (25k), but does have a juicy spec including:

- Cruise Control
- Sport Chrono Package Plus
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
- Adaptive Sports Seats Plus
- Porsche Entry And Drive
- Power Steering Plus
- Light Design Package

Plus, this car has 2 yrs OPC warranty.

Quick question - is there much difference between JET Black and Basalt Black?

Car 2 has only 11k on the clock, and is more expensive....but the spec is not as strong as Car 1 (though it does have enough for me to consider it).

Are any of the above bullet point extras considered a "must have" for 991's? Be keen to hear from current and former owners, or anyone with good 991 knowledge.

I'm in no hurry to purchase, just exploring the market for now, but will pull the trigger when the right car is found.

Lastly, though I have focused my search on the convertible for now, I would strongly consider a Coupe with the panoramic sun roof. Any suggestions on the Coupe vs Cabrio debate, feel free to share.

I've owned three 991's and unless you're on a race track you won't notice PDCC

I've also had Power steering plus and for me it can make the steering to light when not parking.

I'm not keen on either of the spec, personal opinion.

Difficult decision between the two

I'd go for lower mileage, 11k more miles 'could' bring you into new brakes and other consumables a lot sooner.

However some optional extra cannot be bought and fitted post factory build. So if you want them on your wish list the right car will have to be sought.

I'm sure all optional extras aid the driver to some degree. Just don't get reeled into some 'wow' spec that you'll never use unless you want to shave a few seconds off your previous best lap time. So I'm agreeing they're not gimmicks, but you just won't miss them if a certain optional extra isn't fitted.

I've always said there's 3 types of Porsche spec'd from new:
1, The Daily driver, comfort and all the interactive options to make driving whisk the miles away, comfort seats, sat NAV, multifunction S W, cruise control, BOSS, rain sensors, dimming mirrors, etc
2, The hoon car, full of options to make it race / sporty, suspension, flappy paddles, sport seats, 'S' pack, PSE, PCCB, Sport+, etc
3, Not a clue car, full of options that leave the mind boggling what it is, non or few of the above options listed, yet ticked paint options and illuminated door entry, home link, dynamic engine mounts... the 'ooh that sounds good ' options.

Only "must haves" for me are PDK, sports+ chrono package and sports exhaust. Performance response and noise element absolutely key in my mind.

5 owners on the 2nd car, despite only 10K miles, seems high.

Personally, would always go for coupe over carbrio unless I was living somewhere permanently warm.

Good luck in your search. :)

Fully agree on the must haves, but would add the sport design steering wheel with the paddles. Not an easy retrofit apparently. Sure the multifunction makes more sense if it's a daily drive or if you change things on the nav or media a lot whilst driving.

Glass roof is great, no squeaks and does not feel any different to a non sunroof car on normal road driving imho. Much brighter in the car and the electric blind thing works well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back