Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement engine mounts

imo just buy the RSS ones, live with the very slight extra vibration at tick over (and I mean nearly no difference from standard) and be in a state of wonder for what it does for the feel of the rear of the car. No brainer.

:agree: I was very suprised at the difference when I fitted them to my turbo, a little more vibration but it quietened down the input shaft chatter at tickover.

MC

lofi said:
imo just buy the RSS ones, live with the very slight extra vibration at tick over (and I mean nearly no difference from standard) and be in a state of wonder for what it does for the feel of the rear of the car. No brainer.

Mine need doing too - do you have a link to where you got yours from?

Assume these are DIY from what I've read - any tips or things to look out for?

Thanks!

wasz said:
oe are £150 the pair inc duty from rockauto.com mine cames with porsche part numbers on

That's cheap! I've been quoted £150 each from my local Porsche garage

aerokit said:
lofi said:

Mine need doing too - do you have a link to where you got yours from?

Assume these are DIY from what I've read - any tips or things to look out for?

Thanks!

I brought mine second hand but they are readily available.

Fitting wise very easy, even for me.

Jack up the engine a bit.
Do one side at a time.
Undo the nut that supports the engine. Sometimes the nut undoes. Sometime the whole 'stud' comes out. Either way no problem as the old mounts are junk.
Buy new nuts from Porsche for a couple of pounds just incase the originals have stretched.
Undo mounts from the top plates.
Take mount out, put new one in, do up top bolts, screw on nut underneath. Do other side.
30 mins tops
Enjoy.

I recently did these, I went with 964 rs mounts from d911 they were about £160 all in and are a huge improvement to the way the rear end feels

Thomp1983 said:
I recently did these, I went with 964 rs mounts from d911 they were about £160 all in and are a huge improvement to the way the rear end feels

Are they a straight swap on a 996 C2 (sorry OP for thread hijack)

aerokit said:
Thomp1983 said:

Are they a straight swap on a 996 C2 (sorry OP for thread hijack)

Yes straight swap I'll post up part numbers for them tomorrow

Thomp1983 said:

Are these semi solid or solid mounts and will they work on a 997.2 4S, I had rennline semi solids on my gen1 and liked them not much NVH, but would like something a bit softer on the gen2 but still with all the advantages of firmer mounts :thumb:

There a rubber mount bonded to a steel plate for fitting so I'd guess a semi solid design there certainly stiffer than the oem liquid filled units but certainly still flex unlike solid mounts I've not noticed any increased nvh.

Ive no idea on if they fit the 997 I'd probably guess so and d911's returns policy is quite good if they were wrong

964 RS mounts are also fitted to the 993 RS.

Standard 996 mounts come from a 993 Carrera.

64/93 Mounts are semi solid and as stated bolt straight onto a 996, you do however require a bolt and four washers per mount to get them to fit.

The RSS mounts are based on the Porsche RS mount.

Thomp1983 said:
There a rubber mount bonded to a steel plate for fitting so I'd guess a semi solid design there certainly stiffer than the oem liquid filled units but certainly still flex unlike solid mounts I've not noticed any increased nvh.

Ive no idea on if they fit the 997 I'd probably guess so and d911's returns policy is quite good if they were wrong

Thanks for that info :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back