Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS Prices

Froe82

Hey All,

I'm a 997 newbie currently driving a Boxster 981 but looking to upgrade.

After much soul searching I'm looking for a 997 GTS PDK Coupe with relatively low mileage (sub 30k) These seem pretty hard to come by.

There are a few at Hexagon Classics but are a bit overpriced for me and I'm worried about resale value.

Ive read a few posts that mention high 50s - low 60s.... Is this a thing of the past? How have the prices been over the last year?

Hexagon seemed to go out and buy every low mileage GTS about 12 months ago they could get their hands on and hiked up the pricing. I agree that they're pricing them a little too pricey on the bang for buck calculator at those prices.
You'll need to sniff out one privately to get what you're looking for or increase you mileage parameter

:welcome: to 911uk

Over the last 12-18 months values of all Gen 2 997s have steadily increased and the GTS is recognised as the most desirable Carrera outside of a 'Sports Classic'.

As a consequence sub-£60k cars are rare and low mileage cars are c£70k with Hexagon seemingly offering the best but most expensive.

Regarding resale you'll never get the dealer premium back but beyond that your investment should be pretty safe. i.e, it probably wont be worth less as a part-ex or private sale when you come to sell than it's worth now.

Happy Hunting. :thumb:

T8 said:
:welcome: to 911uk

Over the last 12-18 months values of all Gen 2 997s have steadily increased and the GTS is recognised as the most desirable Carrera outside of a 'Sports Classic'.

As a consequence sub-£60k cars are rare and low mileage cars are c£70k with Hexagon seemingly offering the best but most expensive.

Regarding resale you'll never get the dealer premium back but beyond that your investment should be pretty safe. i.e, it probably wont be worth less as a part-ex or private sale when you come to sell than it's worth now.

Happy Hunting. :thumb:

Thanks for the info... (and the welcome...)

My worry with the Hexagon cars is the dealer premium is a lot! Also they're at such low milage that if I drove it everyday I could knock a good chunk of value off it...

There also seems to be a price discrepancy between the standard and the 4, 4s are cheaper! Why would that be?

Cheers!

For me the reason that the 2WD version is more desirable is due the the general view that it's a more pure drive vs AWD. They're both wide body so visually the only difference is the red reflector between the tail lights.
Thanks to this forum I've also discovered that with cantrelock wheels, there isn't am option for wheel spacers.
Good luck with your search.

Froe82 said:
Hey All,

I'm a 997 newbie currently driving a Boxster 981 but looking to upgrade.

:hand:

When I was looking at the start of the year 911 GTS and 981 GTS where comparable prices, in the end I went of the 981, unless you need the extra 2 seats or simply scratch the 911 itch (in which case the GTS is as good a place as any to put your hard earned) then the 981 was the better car for me (to be honest it would win on sound alone lol)

Good luck with your search its part of the fun :thumb:

I wouldn´t be going from a 981 Boxster to a 997 GTS although the GTS is an awesome car. Mainly because prices seem crazy. Having said that the Boxster is such a good platform I think you´d be taking a step sideways.

Prices are strong...Gave £61k from OPC in June,. Similar car now £70k :eek:

It's a fantastic car. Get one if you can :mrgreen:

I went from a 981 Cayman S PDK to a 997 GTS4 PDK and while the 997 felt more of a solid grown up car, in my opinion the Cayman was more enjoyable to drive, also going from the PDK boxes in both the 997 PDK gearbox is terrible in comparison to the newer updated ones. Once you have lived with the newer generation PDK gearbox, you cannot go to back to the gen 1 box.
While the 997 GTS was a very well accomplished car for everyday use (it also done very well financially going up a considerable amount in just over a year, the Cayman was just more fun to use and still plenty quick enough.
Saying all that I have since sold the GTS and bought a 997 GT3RS which redefines how any other Porsche drives/feels :)

I love my Boxster but am moving on for a couple of reasons, firstly I have a 1 yr old so end up driving my wife's Honda CR-V on the weekend and secondly I think it's fun but for long drives it wears me down! Both in the ride and the noise...Would be good to have a mix between fun & practicality.

In a year I've only lost 1.5k on my Boxster, looking for a car that will do the same again. Do you think the GTS prices are a bubble that could burst?

I don't think you will lose out on any GTS (well expect maybe the KN :hand: ), porsche marketing at its best ie the best options of the standard car plus a little bit extra means they will always be more sought after than the standard cars. Win / win for everybody :thumb:

Just checked OPC's nationwide for 997 GTS's for sale...

Could only find one - at £72,500.. with 4 previous owners!!

Attachments

• gts_for_sale_195.jpg
    gts_for_sale_195.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 6,749
Yep...

Looks like I either need to up my budget or wait it out! (Could be waiting a long time) :sad:

How much more expensive are OPCs than your 911virgins etc? You get a 2 year warranty so they must factor that into the price.

Also does anyone have any experience in haggling with these guys?

Thanks for all the advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back