Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Mine was delivered this afternoon and I fitted the accelerometer within 30 or so. It was pretty simple and I'm sure it's all fitted correctly but, there's no obvious way of seeing if it's working or not.

The DSC box took 5 mins to fit.

I've been for a short drive but the traffic didn't help me assess it's capability. What was immediately apparent was that Sports Mode is now useable on the road!

I noticed that the Sport and PASM buttons now act independently, you can have Sport on and normal PASM. The PASM stays in it's last set position on start up but, the Sport button returns to normal mode on start up.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the road and give it a proper test.

rocket_richard said:
Mine was delivered this afternoon and I fitted the accelerometer within 30 or so. It was pretty simple and I'm sure it's all fitted correctly but, there's no obvious way of seeing if it's working or not.

I've been for a short drive but the traffic didn't help me assess it's capability. What was immediately apparent was that Sports Mode is now useable on the road!

I noticed that the Sport and PASM buttons now act independently, you can have Sport on and normal PASM. The PASM stays in it's last set position on start up but, the Sport button returns to normal mode on start up.

Yes your right mate that's just how it works , and isnt it nice to be able to use sport pasm without loosing fillings lol .
now next project is to find a way of getting the sport mode staying in the last set position. anyone sussed how to do this please share :grin: :thumb:

I assume that the instructions are reversed for RHD cars ( not been out to look yet)

rocket_richard said:

Hi, I need to fit the accelerometer also, just wondering did you strip the existing and then solder or use those clips you can get to 'splice' the new wires into the loom?

I've built a couple of cars so my shed is well equipped and I'm very happy with a soldering iron and heat srink. If you're not, the 'splice clips' would work I'm sure.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Mine too. Fitted and out for a bimble.

Tip- take the upper upholstery bit down so you can see the ***** when you slot the new one in. Takes 2 minutes and job becomes pi55 easy :thumbs:

Thanks for the tip, made the job a lot easier to relocate the module.

I wasn't convinced that my leisurely driving style would benefit from this mod. How wrong I was!! It doesn't seem to bounce as much in normal mode and sport mode doesn't feel harsh even when pushing on along these Fen roads. What did stand out for me was the handling especially when breaking or easing off the throttle into corners, it did feel more responsive.

Need to do more miles but seems to be a worthwhile upgrade :)

Top marks to 9e for the great service! :thumbs:

Hello fellow 997'ers, my DSC v1 arrived and it's for sale at a whatever you would like to reasonably offer bearing in mind it's a day old item!

Allow me to explain, I've got a 996 completely standard apart from OEM parts inc. M030. I also have access to a 981 Boxster S. I only get to drive my 997.1 Turbo 6MT 4 to 5 times a year Turbo as I work abroad so I want to keep it standard and period specific. I installed the DSC today and the ride improved but I quite like the previous suspension feeling including the bumps. Only for keeping it standard and having the newly installed Sports Option switch activate the Sports PASM option as well.

I'll post a new thread to bump it up. I'm travelling Monday evening so please PM if you're interested and I can post it on Monday before I travel.

msaif996 said:
Hello fellow 997'ers, my DSC v1 arrived and it's for sale at a whatever you would like to reasonably offer bearing in mind it's a day old item!

Allow me to explain, I've got a 996 completely standard apart from OEM parts inc. M030. I also have access to a 981 Boxster S. I only get to drive my 997.1 Turbo 6MT 4 to 5 times a year Turbo as I work abroad so I want to keep it standard and period specific. I installed the DSC today and the ride improved but I quite like the previous suspension feeling including the bumps. Only for keeping it standard and having the newly installed Sports Option switch activate the Sports PASM option as well.

I'll post a new thread to bump it up. I'm travelling Monday evening so please PM if you're interested and I can post it on Monday before I travel.
See my comment in your new thread - happy to refund you on this occasion.

Ken

Fitted
:thumbs:

Now off for a drive :puh:

askgeez said:
Help :dont know:

Can't work out the unit to remove !?
Is it on right (pcm side), or front bulkhead :?:

Morning Guy,

The unit you are removing is the same size as the unit you replacing it with. The DSC is white in colour, the one coming out is possibly green. Passenger footwell, left hand side up near the bottom of the glove compartment behind the trim. HTH.
I did mine on Thursday.

pzero said:
askgeez said:
Help :dont know:

Can't work out the unit to remove !?
Is it on right (pcm side), or front bulkhead :?:

Morning Guy,

The unit you are removing is the same size as the unit you replacing it with. The DSC is white in colour, the one coming out is possibly green. Passenger footwell, left hand side up near the bottom of the glove compartment behind the trim. HTH.
I did mine on Thursday.

Cheers Malcolm

Top tip .... On a RHD car,. The unit is near the passengers left foot :floor:
Lucky escape ... I almost yanked out something expensive

:grin:

I'm not into modifying my car at all, in fact, I have returned the induction system to stock. However, this 'enhancement' is excellent, it brings the suspension of my 12 year old car up to date. And, now I can use the sports PASM!

It's great. No more bouncing, or having to steer around potholes :thumbs:

"Sport" button now means sport mode / normal Pasm
"Sports plus" is sport mode / sport Pasm

Perfect :worship:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back