Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bore Score Photos

MarkC4S said:
Spurious accuracy and obvious engineering of the price to be just short of the £10k. If individual jobs had been costed the chance of them coming to this "marketing" price is infinitesimally small; so unless they had priced correctly and then provided evidence that they had discounted down to this "more digestible" price, I'd be questioning the validity of the quote.

To be clear I know nothing about this company, and am only voicing an opinion on the bald facts as presented.

I do.

Project 9 looked after my 996C4 for the 3.5 years that I owned it and I've used them for bits on my 996T and 997T since then.

In that 8 years I've always found their mechanical work and customer service to be 5x better than their admin'. :)

That said, I'd be very surprised if they provided a 'quote' for the remedial work required, more likely it was an 'estimate' and in my experience of them it would be based on a PPI more thorough than any OPC 111 point check.

If they found remedial work that would cost anything like £10k I can only think that the car in question was a real dog and that they would realistically be expecting the potential buyer to be walking away.

If the potential buyer seriously wanted more detail about what was 'vital' and what was 'advisory' I'm certain they would have discussed things at length and mentioned alternative options like non-Porsche parts etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back