Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior Tweaks

Jonesey

Evening all,

Has anybody on the forum ever re-trimmed their seats? I have the standard tombstones but have a vision of tweaking my interior by re-trimming the seat centres only (in fabric)but using the original leather on the bolsters and headrest to retain the patina. I've no interest in trying to modernise the look i.e making the seats appear new necessarily.

Has anybody done anything similar and are there any forum based coach trimmers that would be a good bet to talk too?

Thanks

I had this done years ago on my Schnitzer CS but used Alcantara centres. I think it looked great and they were so much gripper and less sweaty than full leather.

BMW Car (29) by CJK007, on Flickr

Have just had my 996 steering wheel retrimmed in Alcantara so was thinking only this morning that it'd be nice to get the seat centres redone to match.

I used a company in Warrington last time whose name escapes me now but I have dealt with B-Trim in Enfield since and they are very good so was going to ask them to quote.

I also had my seats in my Honda CRX done by B-trim. They aren't cheap but they are very good.

Thanks for the replies, those AC seats look great. I'll check out the trimmers you suggested. I've also contacted a couple of places in Kent.

I'm thinking of replacing the seat centres with Porsche Multicolour blue-grey fabric and also the airbag covers on the doorcards. Nothing out of control and i don't want the interior to look new. Ideally a sort of in-period look but tweaked for my tastes/want to bring some interest to the cabin.

Whilst my C4s is mint and wants for nothing, it is also a keeper so i resolved myself to bring it to where i want it to be rather than stick faithfully to originality. She's a great spec but with 80k miles will never be a collectors car anyhow.

I fitted 997 GT3 alcantara seats and alcantara steering wheel. Carbon everything inside, red seat belts make a big difference

sim996 said:
I fitted 997 GT3 alcantara seats and alcantara steering wheel. Carbon everything inside, red seat belts make a big difference

Got any pics?

galahad said:
sim996 said:

Got any pics?

Sorry, just seen this, here you go:

2upy3ab.jpg

33ti7pk.jpg

Few updates since then too.

Thats very nice , at some point I am going to have to get Linus to retrim my seat centres in alcantara. as I have steering wheel, lower dash ,gear knob ,armrest and hand break in Alcantara. :thumb:

D:Klass in Chobham are making alterations to my seat at the moment- I've not seen the results of that yet but I have seen their previous work which looks very good.

Phil 997 said:
Thats very nice , at some point I am going to have to get Linus to retrim my seat centres in alcantara. as I have steering wheel, lower dash ,gear knob ,armrest and hand break in Alcantara. :thumb:

Absolutely great work...but...he's had a seat of mine for 6 months and said it will be finished shortly several times (August, Oct, dec). Even saying the leather is cut back in November...i'll Go and ask for it back and get the leather I left with him at the same time (had to buy half hide for the Center cubby lid he did so thought I'd use the rest on a seat for my office/PlayStation).....I'm guessing nothing will have been started. Shame as i've Recommended him to others...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back